Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I don't want to get cocky or anything, but I think the Pistons will repeat as the Central Division Champs...

You heard it here first, folks.

First, we have 3 guys that are over 90% Free-Throw Shooting. We have 5 more guys between 88-90% in FT's. The free-throw shooting will help us win the close games...

Second, Stack was never a great-percentage shooter, so I think the Pistons could shoot 45% from the floor this year if Ben can pick up some offense. If not, 40% isn't unrealistic either.

Two reasons, very short but I think they'll help...

We need to come out of the gate strong. I like New Orleans' players' and everything but with all their injuries we should take advantage of that. Open up a few game leads over who we consider contenders (Hornets, Pacers, etc.) and we should be okay for the most part. :wbanana:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I wasn't sure actually I thought that the pistons would take a step back this year after the stack trade but the more I watch this team I realize how deep and how many weapons this team does have. If Okur can help out with the rebounding (I think that is there weakest area at least as of right now) which he has shown he has been able to do at least in the preseason this team will be improved and repeat as central divison champions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe that the Pistons have a great chance of repeating as division champs. Sure, losing Stackhouse was a big blow, but Richard Hamilton is not as big of a step down as most people think.

The Pistons now have two solid Point Guards. I actually think that Atkins is good enough to start on a lot of the teams in this league. The Pistons will have a good PG on the floor at all times barring an injury.

If Rebraca can put up the numbers that he did in several key starts last year, the Pistons will be much better off at the center position. Using Robinson off of the bench is probably a good idea as it should be less strenuous for someone his age.

With Robinson, Williamson, Atkins, Barry, and Okur the Pistons have one of the best benches in the league. Okur has looked especially good in preseason so far...

I actually think the Pistons will be BETTER than last year... and win at least 50 games on the way to the Eastern Conference finals..

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
good post shed and welcome to the board I really think are second unit is going to give a lot of teams problems especially if cliff does come off the bench they should have no problems putting points on the board. 50 wins is going to be tough to match just because almost every team in the east got better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts