Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

Not sure how BU was able to rally back, but huge win. AU is definitely one of the teams I don't want to play in the tournament. Nelson and Coach Brennan seem to be very successful when playing BU. No tournament game will be a gimme, but at least BU has a good chance for a top seed. Hope the team can ride the momentum of this win.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It didn't end up mattering, but did anyone see the goaltending call on WW's block attempt of a Nelson breakaway late in the game? Was it just me, or was that a terrible call? It didn't hit the backboard before he blocked it, and it certainly wasn't on its way down. The announcers didn't even mention/question it.... I thought it should have been an epic highlight.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It didn't end up mattering, but did anyone see the goaltending call on WW's block attempt of a Nelson breakaway late in the game? Was it just me, or was that a terrible call? It didn't hit the backboard before he blocked it, and it certainly wasn't on its way down. The announcers didn't even mention/question it.... I thought it should have been an epic highlight.
It didn't occur to me that it could be call goaltending at the game. I assumed it was a foul at first, which was probably still a bad call.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
The Lehigh loss is really tough. Back to tied with AU and we likely lose the tiebreaker due to our record against Navy. A 3 seed should be expected given that AU is playing Holy Cross in the final game.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah, that was too bad. Max had a chance to tie but missed both FTs in the final minute. Overall the game was a bit sloppy for both teams.

Selfishly, I'd be happy to be able to see a potential semifinal game in DC - but obviously this makes the road tougher for the team. However, I think any of the top seeds could lose in the first or second rounds... nobody is invincible this year and several of the bottom-half teams are finishing the season strong.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I know we're on to the Tournament, but it should be noted the kind of insane end to the season the Terriers just had.

@ Laf -- down 16 at half but make a furious 2nd half rally that comes up just short at the very end. Lose by 2
vs. AU -- again down big at the half (14 pts, after being down 18 earlier), but this time the rally succeeds and we come all the way back for the win. Win by 4
@ Lehigh -- back and forth game of runs, goes to overtime where the Terriers can't get it done. Lose by 2
vs. Bucknell -- down 14 with under 8 minutes left, BU mounts another insane comeback, finishing the game on a 23-5 run. Win by 3

The team is not making things easy on the fans! I totally appreciate the never-say-die mentality of this team, but digging double-digit holes in the first half is not going to cut it in the postseason.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts