Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BU takes the top spot in the PL preseason poll, edging out Colgate by 1 point. Two-horse race this year?

Two Terriers appear on the All-League team, Javante and Walt:

And most surprising, to me, is that Javante McCoy was named Preseason POY! I can't remember last time we had a Preseason POY. I know the league lost a good bit of talent from last year, and I know Javante has been good and improving throughout his 4 years, but I never really thought of him in a POY type of guy. But, looking at the rest of the All-League team, I suppose he or Walter are as good a choice as any of them. Congrats to Javante and Walt!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I saw three other preseason predictions that put Colgate on top, which I'm okay with. Although they lost Burns they've been the best team the past few years, so it could happen again. That said, I think BU has the talent and experience to win it all.

Javante is definitely worthy to be preseason POY. Colgate swept BU last year and the margin of victory was generally between 7 and 15 points. The game Javante didn't play -- BU lost by 40+. He is BU's most important player on offense. I would have considered putting Colgate's Ferguson and/or Richardson up there too. And to answer the unofficial trivia question, D.J. Irving was a preseason POY.

Nice to see others think highly of the Terriers, but soon they'll have to prove it on the court.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts