Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Weird how many A10 fans are in Baltimore (myself included).
I've always thought Baltimore could be a decent site for the A10 tournament. The arena is not the newest or best, but its smaller seating capacity (12,000+) makes for a better environment, imo, than an 18,000 seat arena does. It's also close to hotels, restaurants and the waterfront. And Baltimore is a little more central than, say, Brooklyn, to a majority of A10 schools, to the extent that it matters, of course.

I'm sure VCU could figure out a way to park all those damn buses nearby.

·
Piker
9,160 Posts
I have been to Dalessandro’s for a cheesesteak and walked up the steps to the Attic in Gola.

I want to go to Primanti Brothers for the Capone (Capicola, salami, hot sausage, melted provolone cheese, sweet-and-sour coleslaw, fresh-cut fries, ripe tomatoes and our house recipe Italian bread) and a trip to Palumbo.

PS-I am hungry so this post is more about the food.

Reactions: ace93 and Bona84

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Oh, baby. I have drunkenly crushed a Primanti sandwich whilst post-Bona/Dukes game. It does its job. Very solid joint. Few in those Pittsburgh bars (especially the hilarious one called “The Onyx”) understood why we kept playing Ramsey Lewis’ “Wade in the Water” on repeat.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Just a “Modest Mouse” reference. The band got its name from the Woolf short story “The Mark on the Wall”.
Learn something new everyday, thanks. I'm a big fan of their music but a late arriver, so I never reflected on the band and name origins.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts