Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the league must've issued some sort of edict to the AE refs not to let things go as much as they did in the NU-Vermont game, b/c Binghamton's Alex Adediran was ejected in the second half of today's game against BU in Boston for a flagrant foul.

The real irony of it all was that I'm not sure anyone other than the refs actually saw the foul. I was watching the game without sound at a local bar, so I couldn't hear what the announcers were saying, but they replayed what I assume was the foul several times and I couldn't see the foul, not to mention what made it so flagrant. Adediran looked shocked by the call (not that means anything). Unfortunately, Coach Walker had already been called for a technical, so his reaction wasn't much of a gauge -- not surprisingly, he was pretty restrained.

Did anyone else watch the game or was anyone there in person? Could you tell what happened? I'm dying to know.

That aside, it was a pretty good game. Binghamton played some great defense and got it's offense going, despite sitting Billings for much of the first half thanks to three quick fouls. Binghamton actually had a chance to tie, but wasn't able to score on several possessions in the final two minutes of the game. On the last of those possessions, Billings missed a pretty easy layup for the tie.

All in all, it was another good performance by Bing. in Boston. (Last year, they lost by 5 in OT.) It's just too bad they couldn't come away with a "W".

·
Registered
8 Posts
You must be the only one who couldn't see the flagrant foul,UB. Plenty did,especially tv viewers who saw it replayed. Also BU's defense last 2 minutews was terrific and prevented Billings from getting off a good shot. Jason Grochowaksi,BTW,who had such big free throws, is 16 for16 at the line so far this season.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yeah, watched the game on the tube. Saw it live, the first time and it was an obvious call. The two of them were running down the floor next to each other and Adediran popped him right in the face with an elbow. And there was a ref probably no more than 8 feet away from it. Not much to argue about from Walker's standpoint.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh. Well, I'm glad it was an obvious call. I was being serious when I said I didn't see it. It's tough to catch everything when you're watching from a distance without sound.

Just out of curiousity, do you guys think it was worse than the Barnes play in the NU game?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts