Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other (Please specify below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please vote for NetsDaily Player of the Week. The NetsDaily Weekly Wrap can be found on NetsDaily every Sunday night, and on the Official Site of the Nets every Monday.

You now have the opportunity to determine which player is honored each week. Weeks run from Monday through Sunday. Also, we will use comments from this thread in the weekly wrap, so make sure to give your opinions, and you can may see it on the official Nets site.

This week's candidates:

Vince Carter
- 34.7 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 4.3 APG, 2.3 SPG, 55% shooting, 52% (13-25) from 3 pt. range

Jason Kidd - 15.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 13.7 APG, 1.3 SPG, 50% shooting, 33% (6-18) from 3 pt. range

Nenad Krstic - 15.3 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 1.0 BPG, 45% shooting

Brian Scalabrine - 9.3 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 1.7 SPG, 46% shooting, 60% (3-5) from 3 pt. range

Stats in bold mean that player led the team for the week.

Full Stats for the Week of April 4-10, 2005

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
34.7 ppg over 50% shooting? No doubt this week.

-Joe C.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Wow...
Vince with ~35ppg on 55% shooting
Kidd with 15 ppg (50% shooting) and ~14 apg (thats like being a part of an additional atleast 28 points) is pretty damn nice too. Its a tough choice.

I'll go with Vince.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Hey guys i'm new here...I look forward to getting to know all of you...

Juss wanna say that, personally, i think carter should win every week but

sometimes Krstic overachieves and some fans feel as though they need to

reward him.

P.S I hate washington for blowing a 13 point lead!!

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
VCFSO2000 said:

reward him.

Welcome to the BBB.net's Nets forum, sure you'll love it here and get along very well with Vinsane.

-Joe C.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
By the way...would just like to specify...my name stands for Vince Carter fan since Oakland 2000

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VCFSO2000 said:

reward him.

Welcome aboard, VCFSO2000.

I think some people vote according to who exceeded expectation. It's all up to the individual voter. That's why we vote!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Thanks guys for the warm welcome and all

Reactions: Petey

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
VCFSO2000 said:

reward him.

Welcome to the boreds!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Can someone tell me what kind of game Scalabrine had today? not just scoring wise...thanx

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
the whole team lol

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Relative to their skills, Veals stats and play are much more impressive than Vinces. Veal gets my vote. Plus, Veal easily had the best dunk of the week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
cpawfan said:
Relative to their skills, Veals stats and play are much more impressive than Vinces. Veal gets my vote. Plus, Veal easily had the best dunk of the week.

u must be joking right ?

i think vc is the player of the month in whole nba :clap:

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Vince Carter, the guy we were told was soft and not a leader, whose best days were behind him, whose explosiveness was gone, whose lockerroom issues would kill team chemistry, who supposedly tanked a game against the Sonics, gets my vote. He is carrying the team right now on its attempt to make the playoffs.

Veal was his typical up and down self yesterday...foul trouble, mistakes, etc.

·
Registered
263 Posts
wow i didnt realize that veal did so well this past week when he got starter minutes. thats impressive and a strong statement toward earning himself a spot on the nets bench next season. but this late playoff run is a team effort, vc, kidd, kritic more importantly. but if i had to pick the one player of the week it has to be vince carter, he is absolutly giving all this effort into each game and scoring at will now (the celtic game was just crazy) right now vc seems like he can hit anything and with confidence that high he'll lift his teamates morale and get them playing just as hard to get into that final 8th or 7th seed.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Carter, Kidd, and Krstic all exceded expectations with their outstanding play this week . . . but like my friend Cpaw, I am placing my support with Veal. Veal was asked to not only start, and play big minutes, but to play a position he had never played before. His familiarity with the system--both offensively and defensively--and his teammates really paid off as he injected the team with his abundant energy and enthusiasm. A week ago we were all bemoaning the loss of Vaughn, and wondering if this last injury would be the one that finally put an end to our playoff hopes. A week later, we've rethought everything, including whether Veal should be back next year--and whether he should be a SF forevermore. Everything could have easily fallen apart, if Veal had trouble playing the 3 and/or trouble defending quicker opponents. But no! The team is stronger now, and playing better, than it was last week, and the week before--and it is because of Veal, I think.

Personally, I've been down on Veal, and have long thought that he shouldn't be brought back next year . . . but after this last week, I've reconsidered. Veal is the man. He epitomizes Nets basketball with his aggressive defense and willingness to share the ball and general unselfishness. He wants every rebound, and he makes quick decisions when he has the ball. He acts like he belongs there, as a starting SF, and just as important, he acts like he KNOWS he belongs there.

Don't agree? Try to picture the last week with Ron Mercer in the starting lineup.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
uptown4784 said:
CLiffy help us a lot this week too
Excellent point...he is 38 years old but in last five games has averaged 24 mpg, 8.6 ppg, shot 50% overall [16 for 32], 44.4% from beyond the arc [8 for 18], grabbed 3.3 rebounds, stole the ball an average of 1.6 times per game and had the same number of assists as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts