Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in my news feed about basketball-related topics, I saw that a women's basketball player was having ankle surgery in the next week or so and would miss the upcoming season. This happens every year as student-athletes have surgeries to repair injuries that have happened during their careers. However, my initial reaction was that this seems like an odd time of year for this surgery to happen and then it dawned on me: "elective" surgeries like this were NOT allowed at all for at least a couple of months due to the COVID pandemic. It got me thinking and wondering if this is happening across the country or in our AE world. I wonder if there are impending surgeries for any AMERICA EAST winter sports participants that haven't been performed yet and may impact their upcoming season (should we have one of course).

Anyway, I hadn't thought about that impact from this damn virus situation.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The virus situation creates a number of issues that people haven't necessarily given much thought to. The elective surgery thing is one I hadn't thought about.

One that I have been wondering about is players from outside the US. Not a big deal if they have been hanging around town for the last few months, but if players have returned to their home country they may not be able to return to the US and/or may not want to return to the US. International travel is not an easy thing to do these days.

·
The People's Champ
707 Posts
DJ Mitchell I believe reported by Isbal, had foot surgery earlier. Not sure if related to this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts