Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comment on some of these players, what do you think about them?

Joe Johnson (i knew he had some talent but didn't know he would blow up like this. Kind of remind me of Odom, a guy who can do alittle bit of everything. Really don't know how good he going to be could be a allstar in a few years from now. Only 22 years old)

Jared Jeffries (was injury last year but starting to show so sign as becomming a solid player.)

Rodney White (The guy can score that petty much only part of his game for now)

Chris Wilcox (When he get more time he going to put up soild number, still young only 21. I think he can out up 15 and 10 in the future)

Brain Cook (only a rookie, been injury most of the year but when he did get into the game he was able to put some good number up. Will be a starting SF/PF someday for the Lakers)

Brain Skinner (great role player really surpising me this year.)

Jason Richasdson (really improved this year. I'm a big fan of Maggette and this year he starting to show what he can do. I thing J-Rich can be good or as good as Maggette.)

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Jared Jeffries - huge NBA bust; never liked that pick in the first place (another one of Jordan's gems).

JJ, Rodney, Wilcox, and J-Rich could be stars in this league (if JRich isn't already).

Skinner has always been a decent player, but don't think he'll ever be a star.

I've never been a huge fan of Cook, as he has been more perimeter-oriented at his size, but he has played well in his minutes w/ the Lakers. I think he can be a good player in this league.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
This is the most creativly titled thread in the history of BBB.net :grinning:

I think Joe Johnson is doing amazing but can it last? Jason Richardson is doing alright but I don't think he has improved that much. Rodney White is a player I would have liked the Pistons to keep even to sit on the bench. Wilcox was exciting as hell to watch in college and Jared Jeffries hasn't done much as a pro yet so I don't know what to say about him.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Rodney White is going to be a player
i think the bobcats should pick him up if he is availabe in the expansion draft
he can average 18 and 6

JRich is ok
but kind of disappointing still
at least to me
i thought he would be the next Vince

Skinner has always been one of my FAV players
he sets some of the best screens in the game
gets rebounds plays solid D and if you give him the ball down low he has some nice power moves

Joe Johnson has also suprised me but he has always been a streaky player scoring wise
i have to see if he keeps this up he is an All star next year

Brian Cook impressed me his first game but since has been playing not so good and is now on the IL
i don't think he will ever be more than a solid back up

Wilcox is nice
i think him kaman and brand will make a great front court for the clips in years to come

jared jeffries has not impressed me AT ALL

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Joe Johnson-He will be a very good player in the future. He's excelled since Marbury left, and he will be an All-Star next year, especially playing in the West where there aren't many good guards. Numbers for January: 20.9 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 4.7 apg, 47.4% FG.

Rodney White-Starting Shooting Guard/Small Forward for the Bobcats next year. Should give him and opportunity to show his stuff, and learn on the job. I think he'll be a good player in the future, but nothing special.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Maybe i'm in the minority, but I think Jeffries could end up being a very good player. He just needs to stay away from the injuries and get some consistent PT.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Having seen everyone one of Jason Richardsons televised professional games, I'll give you my thoughts on him.

Jason Richardson has really improved his game this year. He's one of the best rebounding guards in the league, due to his wiry strength, leaping ability, and toughness. His jumper is really coming along nicely, although his 3FG% is down from last year. He really squares up well for his jumpers and uses his leaping ability to get clear looks at the basket, hard to contest. Although he is still a poor ball handler and creator off the dribble, he has found other ways to score, like cutting to the basket off screens and moving without the ball. He has also drastically improved his ability to finish at the basket, finally learning to use his athleticism and finess while finishing. Jrich is a willing passer, a team player, and has decent court vision for a SG. He's benifitted a lot form playing with a pass first pg this year, as well as Mike Dunleavy jr, who is an excellent passer.

He also seems to want the ball in crunchtime, and he really competes. I see him being a clutch player in the future.

He has his drawbacks, such as finishing and running a fastbreak. Also, his defense is pretty bad, although it is improving. His defense will never be a strength. His ball handling is also pretty bad and he can't take your grandma off the dribble to save his life. He is improving his one footed leaping ability, but it still leaves much to be desired.

I don't think he'll ever be a star, franchise player, because he can't create for himself and/or beat you off the dribble and pentrate, but he will be a solid player for a long time.

Hope that helps.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I see Jason Richardson a lot because where I live the Warriors are the only team whose games I get locally on TV...

He's made a big step forward this season from where he was last year, but I can't help but feel that he's rapidly nearing his peak. I think he's almost to the point of "What you see is what you get." But this year, what you get has been very good in general. I don't think he'll be a star. He just doesn't have a star's game.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
Maybe i'm in the minority, but I think Jeffries could end up being a very good player. He just needs to stay away from the injuries and get some consistent PT.
You may be in the minority, but I agree with you as well. I've liked him ever since he I first saw him play at Indiana. I still think he can develop into a really good player at the NBA level.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Brian Skinner is a pure post baller, can do almost all inside. He has totally set the toughness tone for the Bucks.

Jared Jefferies was a great collage player, but I've yet to see him block shots like he did in collage. he needs to add weight and work on all aspects of his game.

Rodney white could have been #1 overall in the 2001 draft, but he rarely goes on a team where his talents could be seen. I think that he'd be a great fit on the Sonics, Clippers, Nets, or any other high paced team.

Joe Johnson is a baller, and is a future star.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
actually Nuggs ARE a high paced team
and he has shown his talents this year and at certains parts of last season
he just needs consistent PT

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
Jared Jeffries - huge NBA bust; never liked that pick in the first place (another one of Jordan's gems).

JJ, Rodney, Wilcox, and J-Rich could be stars in this league (if JRich isn't already).

Skinner has always been a decent player, but don't think he'll ever be a star.

I've never been a huge fan of Cook, as he has been more perimeter-oriented at his size, but he has played well in his minutes w/ the Lakers. I think he can be a good player in this league.

J-Rich is nowhere near being a star in the league....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts