Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A player has no losing season in his career (5+ years in NBA)

How many players has no losing season in his career?

Shaq and Duncan have no losing seasons?

I remember that KG lost 56 games in one season.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Shaq and Duncan are the only franchise players that haven't played a losing season I believe. Maybe some roleplayers I can't think of off the top, have played on only winning teams.

Of course, I'm only counting guys who have been in the league for awhile. Dwyane Wade hasn't been on a losing team, but it's only his 2nd year.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1999 Draft

Most of the talents have 53 + games losing season.

Brand, Francis, B Davis, Odom, Marion, A Miller, Terry. AK, Posey, Maggette ..............

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Baron Davis and Kobe never did before this season and Kobe theoretically isn't out of it yet.

Bonzi Wells never has, since he played on Portland (unless Portland made the playoffs with a losing record). 'Sheed would, except for his rookie year

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LuckyAC said:
Baron Davis and Kobe never did before this season and Kobe theoretically isn't out of it yet.

Bonzi Wells never has, since he played on Portland (unless Portland made the playoffs with a losing record). 'Sheed would, except for his rookie year
Malone and Stockton have no losing season in their career. How about Jordan and Pippen? Bird and Magic?

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HEATLUNATIC said:
Im pretty sure Clifford Robinson made the playoffs his first 14 seasons in the league!
If the playoffs are in the east, then .........

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
HEATLUNATIC said:
Im pretty sure Clifford Robinson made the playoffs his first 14 seasons in the league!
Yeah, Uncle Cliffy was on winning teams every year in Portland, Phoenix and Detroit before he went to Golden State.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
bulls had a sub-50% record in jordan's three first years in the league...

pip didn't have a losing season, unless you count his last year with the bulls...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
shaq didnt make the playoffs his first season. was his team .500? can't remember.

only guy i can think of who havent been mentioned. jermaine o neal.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Gary Payton ? He was on a .500 or better team every year with the Sonics until 2002-03, when he was traded to Milwaukee which finished 42-40. I guess he counts...

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant (so far) and I'm not sure about other players. But, those guys for sure have never had a losing record in their careers.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Robert Horry 6 rings and always wanted by contenders due to his intangibles.

Tim Duncan surs has been championship contender ever since he came in the league, 2 MVPs, 2 Rings, 6 All-NBA team selection, 2 Finals MVPs, 7 All-Stars..... whoa!

Shaquille O'neal, with the exception of his rookie year, he has been on a winning team since.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Shareef Abdur-Rahim...

Just kidding.

Give it up for Jonathan Bender, who's never endured a losing season on the bench with Austin Croshere. Jeff Foster, too (All IND). Jermaine O'Neal (POR and IND).

Devean George, but he'll probably go down with Kobe (LAL).

Scott Padgett (UTA and HOU).

Malik Rose (CHA and SAS), but he'll go down this year. San Antonio broke his streak by trading him to the Knicks!

Arvydas Sabonis--OK, so he's retired, but he deserves a mention (POR).

Peja, of course (SAC).

Wally Szczerbiak (MIN).

That's about it for recent players, I believe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts