Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Player's I'd like to see in AE (non-portal)

2789 Views 40 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Alumni96
With ice out still a week away I'm bored and don't want to clog up the recruiting thread non related players (at least yet). Anyone is certainly welcome to add to this thread if bored enough.

Lets start out with this guy who's strength and athleticism I find intriguing at this level.

Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Reactions: 1
6'8 240 with a really impressive offensive skill set. Nice.
6'8 240 with a really impressive offensive skill set. Nice.
Oops, forgot to add my comment. Haha.

Agree - a really nice inside/out presence in D2's (arguably) best conference. I saw he was visiting Drake, but think he'd have to settle into a smaller role there. Bring him to the AE and he could be an All-Conference player.
6'3 lefty sharpshooter. What is more impressive to me is his basketball IQ. The movement without the ball, the cuts, and the handle to attack off the aggressive closeouts are things I like to see in sg's.

Committed to Chadron State (DII)
Oops, forgot to add my comment. Haha.

Agree - a really nice inside/out presence in D2's (arguably) best conference. I saw he was visiting Drake, but think he'd have to settle into a smaller role there. Bring him to the AE and he could be an All-Conference player.
Athleticism might be an issue at higher level conferences, but not here.
Players this size don't usually make it to the AE. He played sparingly for 2 years at CS-Fullerton before going JUCO, so maybe? You want length, this guys got length. He also has a decent hook shot which the old man in me appreciates.

6'9 SO Avg 11.2 pts 5.3 rebs 3.2 ast for Casper College. Pick and pop player with a decent handle. Looks very much like and AE 4 man.

Committed to Southern Utah
Just so it's not all JUCO's. 6'11 Serbian big playing at the Hoosac School (AAA NEPSAC). A big who can both protect the rim, and apparently make 3's.

Committed to LIU
Reactions: 1
And because I feel like I'm a tad biased toward bigs....
6'2 Fr Guard.
•most made 3s in juco
•3rd in the nation 3point% (49%)

You don't see too many 6'10 guys with this kind of court vision.

Athletic 6'8 kid at Prep school in London.

This kid will probably end up somewhere higher than AE. Seems like he can do a bit of everything pretty well.

Committed to Troy
Out of curiosity, and to keep yourself honest are you going to track where these guys end up and revisit your picks next year? You did this in past years too if I'm not mistaken...any standouts from that bunch?
I won't promise anything. Once the ice is gone from the water, I'll spend most of my time free time fishing. I believe I began doing that previously, but lost interest once fishing season starts. I expect this year will be no different.
6'9 post player who averaged a double double. 3rd in the nation(JUCO) in Offensive Rebounds.

Committed to North Dakota
6'9 true post man with good footwork. Apparently he's 6th in Juco in blocks as well.

Committed to UT-Martin
6'4 sg with a sweet stroke 14.1 ppg on 51 fg%, 47.7 3pt%, and 87 FT%.

Yes I'm lazy today and all 3 of these players are from the same college.
Just so it's not all JUCO's. 6'11 Serbian big playing at the Hoosac School (AAA NEPSAC). A big who can both protect the rim, and apparently make 3's.

Does he even have any offers? I don't see much (anything) via a quick Google search regarding interest from D1 schools, which is crazy, because I'm sure we've all seen our share of bigs in this league who can't, as they say, "walk and chew gum", so it's crazy that I can't find anything on him. Does anyone remember Jaan Montgomery for Binghamton? He was literally just a big dude. Djaba looks to have some skill. AAA NEPSAC is quality competition too. I believe Binghamton's commit Evan Ashe was named All-League (or something of the sort) for Winchendon, which is either AA or AAA NEPSAC.
Old Field resident scores big during college basketball career | TBR News Media
Guess I'll stick this here. Little article on Alex Sobel from Middlebury. He planning to use his last year of eligibility at a D1 school. Appears to be considering Stonybrook and Fairfield among others. Surprised UVM not interested.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts