Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are just some players that Id like to see the Raptors make a pitch for in an attempt to try and rebuild around bosh... These arent people who are superstars or anything... just players I think need a chance.

1. Deshawn Stevenson - Hasnt been given the minutes with teh JAzz or Magic, and from what Ive watched of him Ive liked, greaty offense and can attack the rim, good passer, he needs work on his defense, but that can always be done. I dont htink either organization gave him enough attention, when it came to workign with him, hes only like 24 and still in my opinion could be a great player in the league.

2. Luis Flores - If Placacio leaves I think Flores would be a perfect replacement, I mean I havent seen much of him but what i have seen is his ability to run the floor, hes super quick, and has potentially excellent passing abilities, his jumper is weak, but I think thats exactly what we need, a PG who is strictly about passing, we have enough shooters on our team.

3. Marcus Fizer - He hasnt been playing well as of late, but I like what I saw when he was with the bulls. Hes a super big body to come of the bench to help bang around in the paint. Hes not very selfing and with him and say araujo on the floor it would cause problems inside for opposing teams, the double team would come and wed be able to kick it out for a 3 ball.

4. Qyntel Woods - If hed stay out of the drugs I think hed be a good player especially for us. He can attack the rim and finish and has a huge wingspan to help on defense. His troubles have very much clouded his potential, and with Mitchell as his coach I tihnk hed be in the right direction. A awful free throw shooter and not a very good defender for his size, but it can all be worked on.

Those are just some quick names I threw out. I mean I know they cant get all of them, or likely to get any, but hey I can wish.

Anyways, what does everyone think? Any opinion would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Deshawn Stevenson - overrated player.
Luis Flores - could have a bright future.
Marcus Fizer - locker room problem.
Qyntel Woods - drug addict.

The only player I like from your list is Luis Flores.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
Palacio is going to be replaced by a top flight rookie PG deron Williams/Felton/Jack/ewing

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slasher said:
Deshawn Stevenson - overrated player.
Luis Flores - could have a bright future.
Marcus Fizer - locker room problem.
Qyntel Woods - drug addict.

The only player I like from your list is Luis Flores.
I hardly think deshawn is overrated...at least now... no one talks about him, hes below the radar now... flores I agree with.... I havent heard of Fizers locker room problems..but I liekd his stint with teh bgulls.. and as far as woods... Im sure lots of NBA players are "drug addicts" lol./... but my top choice out of the list is stevenson for sure.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
When Marcus Fizer came into the league, there were very high expectations set out for him, and those expectations have not been fulfilled. He's a big body down low, with loads of potential that has gone to waste so far during his time in the NBA. I remember awhile ago when we faced the Bulls, all he was doing against us was taking threes, or jump shots. That's not what he's out there for, he should be rebounding, and getting those points underneath the basket.
I don't see any benefit that would be obtained by acquiring Marcus Fizer.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
i'd only say 'no' to each player except luis flores, only because i don't know enough about his game to make a clear decision.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
WTF??????????????????????
U said Luis flores has a weak jumpshot?????????? That's like saying Lebron James cant jump :laugh:

I can tell you from watching him in college he was a shooting machine and it was actually his pg skills that droped him to the second round. He single handedly dropped jumpers all over florida in the first round. Basically he is a homeless man's ben gordon. Be honest have you ever seen him play??? Honest now!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rapsfan4life said:
WTF??????????????????????
U said Luis flores is weak?????????? That's like saying Lebron James cant jump :laugh:

I can tell you from watching him in college he was a shooting machine and it was actually his pg skills that droped him to the second round. He single handedly dropped jumpers all over florida in the first round. Basically he is a homeless man's ben gordon. Be honest have you ever seen him play??? Honest now!!! :biggrin:
Its just my opinions, Im not expecting everyone to like deshawn stevenson, and Im not expecting ppl to think I believe Marcus Fizer can still live up to the hype. Im clearly stating guys who I believe can be helpful in building a team around. Im not saying we attempt to make one of these players our superstar, just simply that I believe they will help our team. The points I say are my opinion, thats all.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
No no doubt Steve i'm not attacking u and i agree with Luis just to make it clear :biggrin: I'm pointing out that u have his game all wrong

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I said this in a thread I started in the off season.

Demarr Johnson is the guy I would like to see in a Raptors uniform. I am not sure if he i a free agent after this year with the Nuggets, but he is the 2 guard I wish we could get (inexpensive 2 guard). He has great size, good scorer, and is a prover hard worker....he could not come back from a broken neck and not be. He is getting some valuable starts with Denver right now and has had some very solid games.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
billfindlay10 said:
I said this in a thread I started in the off season.

Demarr Johnson is the guy I would like to see in a Raptors uniform. I am not sure if he i a free agent after this year with the Nuggets, but he is the 2 guard I wish we could get (inexpensive 2 guard). He has great size, good scorer, and is a prover hard worker....he could not come back from a broken neck and not be. He is getting some valuable starts with Denver right now and has had some very solid games.
He is a free agent at the end of this year, and has publicly stated his intention to stay with the team.

Link

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
BBB said:
He is a free agent at the end of this year, and has publicly stated his intention to stay with the team.

Link
Thanks for the info....I still would like us to offer a contract, Denver might not want to pay up. Does anyone else on Denver come up for a new contract this off season....What are the plans for Nene? He hardly get minutes even with Camby out!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SkywalkerAC said:
a few more youngins on the cheap:

Wagner
Diop
Skita
Wagner - Injuries constantly, and hasnt shown hardly a thing for the position he was drafted in.

Diop - Im iffy on this guy, seems to be getting bigger and bigger and playing less and less.

Skita - Yikes

·
Registered
745 Posts
The Raptors need a guy that slashes constantly. Someone like Cory Magette and they are obviously not getting him so the need a player like that. I dont know if that is Deshawn Stevensons game but if it is that would be a good pickup. Pretty much the Raps need an athletic wingman that drives alot, and for bonus it will add some excitment to the team.
Seriously when was the last time the Raps had an alley oop.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
SkywalkerAC said:
a few more youngins on the cheap:
Wagner
Injuries, injuries and injuries.

He hasn't shown much so far in his career either when he's healthy. A definite no.

Completely useless. What a waste of a lotto pick (wasn't he drafted real high as well?)

Another bust.

slash_010 said:
what about REGGIE EVANS
An awesome rebounder, that's all. I'd say no to him as well.

KeonBackinTO said:
The Raptors need a guy that slashes constantly. Someone like Cory Magette and they are obviously not getting him so the need a player like that. I dont know if that is Deshawn Stevensons game but if it is that would be a good pickup. Pretty much the Raps need an athletic wingman that drives alot, and for bonus it will add some excitment to the team.
Seriously when was the last time the Raps had an alley oop.
The Raptors already have a guy like that in Mo Pete. Too bad he's inconsistant as hell.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts