Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mid-Major Madness came up with a list of the (Not necessarily) top player for each team during the 2010's...

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2019/12/31/21039936/college-basketball-mid-major-ncaa-rankings-lists-decades-all-gonzaga-vcu-new-mexico-sfa-state

Here are the America East players...

Albany - Sam Rowley
Binghamton - Willie Rodriguez
Hartford - John Carroll
Maine - Raheem Singleton
New Hampshire - Daniel Dion
Stony Brook - Jameel Warney
UMass-Lowell - Christian Lutete
UMBC - KJ Maura
Vermont - Trae Bell-Haynes

Thoughts?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Mid-Major Madness came up with a list of the (Not necessarily) top player for each team during the 2010's...

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2019/12/31/21039936/college-basketball-mid-major-ncaa-rankings-lists-decades-all-gonzaga-vcu-new-mexico-sfa-state

Here are the America East players...

Albany - Sam Rowley
Binghamton - Willie Rodriguez
Hartford - John Carroll
Maine - Raheem Singleton
New Hampshire - Daniel Dion
UMass-Lowell - Christian Lutete
UMBC - KJ Maura
Vermont - Trae Bell-Haynes

Thoughts?
The obvious misses are Lyles and Lamb for UMBC and UVM. Maura and TBH presumably got the nod for playing four years. Lyles was a transfer, and to-date Lamb has played three full years, missing half of 2018 to injury and 2020 not played yet. And 2020 technically is this decade.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Who would you put on the all-decade team? Lamb, TBH and Warney are obvious. Who else? Lyles? Cremo? Duncan? Who am I forgetting?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I'm not sure he would quite make it, but I have to plug for Tommy Brenton. AE POY and 2 time Defensive Player of Year including the national player of the year once. He was really good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The obvious misses are Lyles and Lamb for UMBC and UVM. Maura and TBH presumably got the nod for playing four years. Lyles was a transfer, and to-date Lamb has played three full years, missing half of 2018 to injury and 2020 not played yet. And 2020 technically is this decade.
Maura only played 2 years for UMBC. Lyles player 3. Maura was a great point but Lyles was clearly the more dominating player. Perplexing.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
I miss Sam Rowley...the last elite big we'v had. One of the craftiest bigs and footwork I've seen in the AE in my time. My sense is anyone currently playing doesn't qualify for this award. They missed on Lyles, 2 years or not.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Maybe only a part of 2010, but give me Marqus Blakely. Stat beast and more fun to watch than any 6-5 I've seen at this level. Yeah, I cheated.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
Tanner Leissner is probably the biggest pound-for-pound miss on this list. Dude is UNH's all-time leading scorer and 3rd all-time in rebounds. Daniel Dion? Daniel...Dion?
Yeah that one is egregious. It's like they got to UNH and just shrugged and picked a name at random. How the hell do you miss out on the programs all time leading scorer? I mean this decade it's not even really close.

Reactions: GoCatsGo

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah that one is egregious. It's like they got to UNH and just shrugged and picked a name at random. How the hell do you miss out on the programs all time leading scorer? I mean this decade it's not even really close.
Did no one read the introductory paragraph? That's exactly what they did...

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I noticed that Stony Brook's Jameel Warney was the only AE player to make the Top 40 Mid Major Players of the Decade list at Mid Major Madness.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Gotta enjoy the level of half-assery for the AE one. Picked the wrong Aussie for Albany. Leaving UNH's all-time leading scorer off and Lowell's first ever all conference guy off and then picking a rando for Maine when their player of the decade is still playing for them (Fleming) is funny. And yeah Lamb is UVM's guy too probably. Good UVM all decades article though. Need more Hammys and Kikis on the team these days.

Albany - Peter Hooley
Binghamton - Willy Rodriguez
Hartford - Mark Nwakamma
Maine - Andrew Fleming
New Hampshire - Taylor Leissner
Lowell - Jahad Thomas
UMBC - Jairus Lyles
Vermont - Anthony Lamb

1 - 20 of 22 Posts