Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The players I think will explode on to the NBA seen in the next 1-2 years.

Gilbert Arenas--A great scoring PG/SG, and with the Western Conference being weak in guards Arenas could be the next good one. With him a J-Rich on the same backcourt I think teams would hate to go up against them, but it might not work out if the Warriors draft a PG though.

Mengke Bateer--Has show that he can knock down a open 15 footer and is pretty agile for his 6-11 290 size. Will be a very good starter or backup for the Nuggets!

Jonathan Bender--Just because he is a true 7-0 player with SG type speed. He is almost to athletic for his 7-0 220 body. I think he will be very hard to guard and he just needs to prove he can be a starter at SF. They could have Miller, O'Neal, Bender, Artest, Tinsley for some games because Reggie is not getting any younger.

Samuel Dalembert --With Mutombo obviously slowing Samuel could come in at backup and show his stuff. He is not a great hall of fame player but he could be a very good defender. He will be the 76ers starting Center in about 2-4 years. Very quick player than needs to find a offensive game, but his 7-4 something wingspan will always help him out on defense.

Dickerson, Michael--Just got injured last year that was all that was holding him back. Would be a way better running mate than Battier for Jason Williams! He gets up and runs and that is something that Jason has not had since Tariq was with him on the Kings.

Griffin, Eddie--He will show that he is a big time player in the up coming NBA seasons. Super athelete and is a great shot blocker, just needs to find a good spot to play on Houston, they might need to kind of build around him but with Steve and Eddie that is a great start.

Donnell Harvey--I think he is the premier rebounder for his size in the NBA easy. The closest thing to Rodman possibly ever. Can really get after a ball and has huge hands for rebounding. I just with the Orlando Magic could some how get him/and why did NY trade him??

Brendan Haywood--Will dominate the East for years to come! He is very athletic and played a lot better than he did in college, and with MJ's help he could be a great player alongside Kwame. Good hands and just needs to keep working on all parts of his game.

DerMarr Johnson--Will show why the Hawks picked him so high, had some real good games with them last year. And know with Theo back there will be better players around him and that always helps. All he needs to do is gain 5-10 lbs that is all I ask!

Joel Przybilla--He has not show it yet but Joel! Please use your talent, that kid is a great talent at center, he can run and is a super shot blocker. I really hope he shows a offensive game soon, but it would help him if the Buck actually got a real PF though.

DeShawn Stevenson--Just third year out of high school, put up some good games last year, all that is left is what position will he play 1 or 2? Once again with the weak SG's in the West DeShawn would not have great competition if he plays the 2 besides Kobe.

Jake Tsakalidis--Could be a boarder line all star center when Shaq leaves so that gives the hopless Suns something to build on. Good hands and can finish down low, plus he is kind of cocky also which is always good!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'll add Gerald Wallace to that list because in his first year he had one hell of a show in the NBA all star dunking contest and he really is promising and has great athletisim.

He seems that he is a SF but has the size to play as a PF too, he has a great shot too. Watch out for that kid!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Jamaal Tinsly, unless you've concidered him already exploded, and Pau Gasol, and I'll throw in Shane Battier too.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
What's with the Brendan Haywood love affair? He averaged like 5ppg and 5rpg in pretty good minutes....

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Haywood was a good rebounder, I think like 8 boards in like 20 some minutes. If you give him 35 or so minutes per game he could get you like 12 boards.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Micheal Redd 8 3's in one quarter. Nuff said.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
How bout Eddie Robinson?? I think he woulda blown up this past year if he didnt get hurt. What u think bout E-Rob?

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by Fordy74
How bout Eddie Robinson?? I think he woulda blown up this past year if he didnt get hurt. What u think bout E-Rob?
I agree had he not gotten hurt I dont think the trade with Indana would have went down..

Tyson Chandler
Eddy Curry-who is now a legit 6 11
Jamal crawford
Rodney white
Kwame Brown

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I agree with quite a few of the players already mentioned. I really like Eddie Griffin from what I saw this year. I think he has a lot of potential to be a great 2nd option after Francis, as well as doing so many other things besides scoring.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Griffin is the next KG; I've heard it before and I am starting to believe!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Other Players Who Will "EXPLODE"...

Ricky Davis
Kedrick Brown
Omar Cook
Tyson Chandler

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
future stars

I would add Devean George aswell, he's athletic, has energy and can shoot the threes.:D :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: future stars

Originally posted by Mr. X
I would add Devean George aswell, he's athletic, has energy and can shoot the threes.:D :cool:
you have to be joking.

·
Registered
388 Posts
As much as it sounds stupid and scary for us unbiased guys, but he's serious. :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by T-Mac
Griffin is the next KG; I've heard it before and I am starting to believe!
That is an interesting comparison. If Griffin is in the mold of a KG, that means he'll be as good a passer for a big man that has ever been around in the NBA. KG is a supreme passer, as well as doing so many other things as good as he does them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
TYSON CHANDLER AND EDDY CURRY!!!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts