Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Christoffersen-He will make a team just because size is a hard thing to find
DeAngelo Collins-Will be back after a few years in the USBL or the USDL.
Lenny Cooke-Same thing as Collins, and watch out if they come out pissed off also.
Josh Davis- 6-8 SG/SF could make a team and be a hustle player
Teddy Dupay-Teams need shooters and he is one, plus he is mentally tough.
Andy Ellis-Good open shooter, might make a team if he learns how to defend
David Graves-Another awesome shooter, but might be to slow
Lynn Greer-Needs to show he can play against bigger players
Kevin Lyde-Everyone need a big guy, 6-10 260
Kei Madison-Might be a project and get signed to a summer camp team.
Smush Parker-Probably the best player right now not drafted
Theron Smith-another project that might be to athletic to pass up.

But they all need some time in the USBL and USDL, and do Lenny and DeAngelo get paid in the development leagues? People will say that they should have went to school but why! If they get paid in the development leagues why would you go to JUCO and not get paid, 2 years in the development league is the same as 2 years in JUCO for them I think, development league might even be better for them in the long run.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I missed one

Tito Maddox did not get drafted!/????

Him and Smush are the best players not drafted now.

Big PG that is 6-4, just because he did not play college ball this year who cares. He will be in the NBA soon....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by OZZY
I missed one

Big PG that is 6-4, just because he did not play college ball this year who cares. He will be in the NBA soon....
ya he got drafted didnt he...number 38 overall

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Udonis Haslem

I was shocked he went undrafted because I thought he had pretty good post moves and he was a very good rebounder. It looks like he was hurt by the foreign wave.....

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I thought Theron Smith went back to Ball State?? If he hadn't, I'm sure he would have gotten drafted.

I like Smush Parker, DeAngelo Collins, Lenny Cooke, and Kei Madison the best of the undrafteds. Why? They've all got the potential. The rest of the players listed weren't drafted simply because of a lack of skill, and an infusion of foreign talent. Character issues surround these guys, but, they have the talent to make it. The rest, because of the low percentage of even second rounders that do anything (4 or 5, in a very good year), there's little to no chance they'll make a roster. (Except in Denver, if they show up to the open tryouts!)

Lynn Greer's another guy I REALLY like. He killed Louisville in the NIT's. I'm thinking that he's gonna make a lot of money and win some MVP awards if he goes to Europe or Asia to play pro ball.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
what about

the older guy that was in prison, Lee Benson? I didn't seehim get drafted, wonder if someone will give him a chance? Maybe the Clips could use another PF?

And I wonder if Minnesota will tab any of these FA's now... especially since they don't have any #1's for a while, especially someone like Smush or Parker.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Re: what about

Originally posted by Mongolmike
the older guy that was in prison, Lee Benson? I didn't seehim get drafted, wonder if someone will give him a chance? Maybe the Clips could use another PF?

And I wonder if Minnesota will tab any of these FA's now... especially since they don't have any #1's for a while, especially someone like Smush or Parker.
watch them go out and try smush, he is looking for a team and minny is looking for a backup pg, or in the future to take over...they will hunt smush down in my opinion.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Re: Re: what about

Originally posted by sime

watch them go out and try smush, he is looking for a team and minny is looking for a backup pg, or in the future to take over...they will hunt smush down in my opinion.
MInnesota drafted Marcus Taylor. They should sign an atheltic 2 somelike Madson or Cooke.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Watch out for Adrian Walton and Smush Parker, both from Fordham, and Aaron McGhee for OU!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Two MU players

Well, one and a half. Clarence Gilbert could and should get signed by someone. The only question about him is whether or not he can play pointguard. NBA teams know he can play. I read that in an article, and it was said by some scout, but I can't seem to find the article now. Two teams that I would expect to be interested are the two in LA. The Clippers have his best friend, Keyon Dooling, who might be able to get him a look, and I've read that the Lakers are interested in adding him to their summer team, but his agent said he will most likely play in Europe next year. If he can learn to play the pointguard at an NBA level he could be a very good backup, sort of like a Bobby Jackson, a player who comes off the bench, can play the 2, and can provide a big spark. With Gilbert's streaky shooting he can come in and give you 9 points in 30 seconds.

The other player is a player who was supposed to go to MU, but couldn't qualify because he doesn't speak english well enough. He's a 7'2" center from Lithuania, his last name is Rinkevicious, but I don't know how to spell his first name. I read on another forum that a person met Donnie Nelson of the Dallas Mavericks and he said that they really like him. He wasn't drafted, and is going to a juco, surprise, in Dallas, Collin County JC. They're supposedly going to be watching him closely over the next couple of years. You know Nelson loves foreign players.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by OZZY
I missed one

Yeah, Tito Maddox did get drafted. He got drafted by the Rockets in the second round.:yes: Duh.

Also, Predrag Savovic, Aaron McGhee, Jannero Pargo, Lee Benson, and Luke Recker. There are a bunch of other players aswell that are playing great in the Summer League.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by BEEZ
Pepe Sanchez playing on the Clips Summer League team
Pepe Sanchez isn't a rookie.:no:

He got drafted by the Sixers last year or the year before that. He was on the Hawks for a little bit. He definitely isn't a rookie though.:no:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts