Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What players do you think could be stars if they got the minutes . If you asked me 2 weeks ago I would of said Darius Miles and Tim Thomas, but now they'll get minutes and WATCH OUT!!! Now I think, Corliss Williamson he averaged almost as many points as minutes played. Imagine if he was given 35 a night he'd be pretty darned good. Who do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Here are a few

Maybe Lavor postell..
R. Jefferson will put up big numbers now once he moves into the starting lineup
Wang zhi zhi - hes good for 15 a game.. but hell let the other team score 30 haha vlade gave him so many up and unders..
Mark Madsen ( j/k)

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Yeah, I definately think Richard Jefferson would be a star with starter minutes.

He schooled the Summer league getting like 25/5/5 and he was getting 15ppg as a starter when Kenyon was suspended as a rookie. And he plays great defense and rebounds. RJ is definately one of my favorite players. :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Donyell Marshall

·
Registered
72 Posts
jonathan bender...what other player scores like 15 pts in like 20 min and then the "coach" -i use that term loosly- plays him 2 min garbage time the next game

·
Registered
24 Posts
DEFINITELY rafer alston..he should start over sammy cassell..
who else?..hmm...uh, yea..richard jefferson cause he's niiiiiice...and corliss williamson...and bobby jackson

·
Registered
924 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Great JWalk</b>!
Now I think, Corliss Williamson he averaged almost as many points as minutes played. Imagine if he was given 35 a night he'd be pretty darned good. Who do you guys think?
Williamson came off the bench and got 21.8mpg and averaged 13.6ppg. Get your facts strait.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gah

the first half of the yearhe was getting 14 in 16 and still 13.6 in 21 is pretty good

·
Registered
11 Posts
shammond williams

shammond wiiliams and johnathan bender both top 20 players in a few years ( mabey not williams but bender top 5 )

·
Registered
265 Posts
Michael Redd fo sho. I wouldnt start him over Ray, but I think he could put up 20+ if he was a starter.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Mike Redd
Richard Jefferson
Lavar Postell
????

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not sure about Postell being a star. I could se him being a solid contributer, 13-14 points per game, but never 20 or above. Plus he was drafted by the Knicks so he can't turn out to be good.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Ricky Davis
Rafer Alston
Darius Miles
Omar Cook
Eddie Griffin
Richard Jefferson

·
Registered
7 Posts
jeryl sasser

I'd have to say jeryl sasser. The man was a great college basketball player. Was taken 22nd overall, when everyone doubted him. Sasser is a 6'6 point guard who lead the WAC in rebounding. Sasser was called a "dissapointment" for the Magic. But it's kind of hard when the most he played was 15 minutes. Sasser could be a good player, maybe not a star but a player alot of team would kill for.

Strenghts: 6'6 guy who is a point guard. Tremendous height advantages than many other point guards. Pretty good handling the ball, and can see the floor. A very unselfish player. Very good defensive player. Also can rebound both ways. I mean he can grab offensive rebounds. How many players can do both, you have trouble finding big guys that can do both. Also how many point guards can pull 6 to 8 rebounds a night?

Weaknesses: The only one that comes to my mind is his shooting. Sasser was never a great shooter, but still averaged about 18 points a game in college. Shots a low percentage and may have poor shooting selections at times. But was sent to camp to improve his shooting and he's made great changes. Orlando's coaching staff are said to be satisfied with his new shooting. Now has become an average shooter.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>IMX</b>!
Ricky Davis
Rafer Alston
Darius Miles
Omar Cook
Eddie Griffin
Richard Jefferson
OMAR? He was JUST cut by the Celtics(outplayed in the summer league by a country mile - again - by JR Bremer - who you ask?). He has been cut by every team who has tried to find a place for him.

He cannot shoot, distribute, or defend.

He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Eddie, Jefferson, Davis, or Darius.

·
Registered
119 Posts
rafer alston
erick barkley(not a star but close)
eddie griffin
richard jefferson
darius miles
joe johnson
michael redd
loren woods(again not a star but close)
zach randolph