Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some say only privileged players get to dictate where they want to play.

But when Rodney Rogers and Dale Davis start doing it, you know there is a

serious problem. Zo,GP,2 guys I just mentioned and the worst of them all is

Jimmy Jackson. If this stupid trend continues,at next year's Trade deadline, there are going to be 51 traded players and about 25 of them won't report.

League has got to do something about this.

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
I don't know what Rodney Rogers did but I don't think there is anything wrong with what Jimmy Jackson did because he was not getting paid to sit out.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
players should be automatically suspended and if they dont report for 10 days, they are fined, if they dont for 15 they void their entire contract. that would fix them.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
yah the league definately has to put a clamp down on this players...this is getting a tad bit out of hand..i really got pissed of when ZO dint report to Toronto, and stayed his ugly a** in miami and going to the Heats game...what an a**hole...anywyas i copletely agree...these bloody players are a bloody joke..they get paid MILLIONS OF MILLIONS of dollars...ill play ball for 1000 dollars a week if u asked me too..and this players got over a 100,000 to play basketball...i hope david stern does something about it...and the same with "franchise players" who ask for a trade....

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I don't understand why Toronto bought his contract out. If they just don't pay him, it shouldn't count against the cap, right?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
sherwin said:
I don't understand why Toronto bought his contract out. If they just don't pay him, it shouldn't count against the cap, right?

yah but see with Gonzo...remember his kidney ailment, that is always a concern, and citing those reasons he said he was unfit to play..and our rookie GM bought into it and he bought out Gonzo for absolutely nothing...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
VCFSO2000 said:
Some say only privileged players get to dictate where they want to play.

But when Rodney Rogers and Dale Davis start doing it, you know there is a

serious problem. Zo,GP,2 guys I just mentioned and the worst of them all is

Jimmy Jackson. If this stupid trend continues,at next year's Trade deadline, there are going to be 51 traded players and about 25 of them won't report.

League has got to do something about this.
Rodney Rogers was apart of that mashburn for Big Dog deal...i think??

Gary Payton was waived by the hawks after he was traded to them for Walker.....it was mutual...it was already in place that the hawks would waive him and then the Celtics would resign him..

the only ones that were blatant were Zo and Jimmy Jackson

Reactions: StephenJackson

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
tone wone said:
Gary Payton was waived by the hawks after he was traded to them for Walker.....it was mutual...it was already in place that the hawks would waive him and then the Celtics would resign him..
There needs to be a rule that a player has to be with a team for a certain amount of time (say about 60 days) before he can get waived. The whole Gary Payton scenario was just silly.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
tone wone said:
How about the time when he threatened not to report to the Celtics, and screwed the Lakers over in the trade in the offseason?

Anyway, it's ridiculous when players don't report to the team, especially when they are still under contract. I'm pissed with the whole Zo issue! Outrageous...

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
the hornets, hawks, and raptors didn't want zo, jimmy jackson, and gary payton anyway, people act like they traded them to fill a need or they actually sought out to trade for these players, they only needed people to match salaries and they were going to dump them this offseason anyway so why report if when its pretty mutual that both parties don't want the players their

·
Registered
497 Posts
BBB said:
How about the time when he threatened not to report to the Celtics, and screwed the Lakers over in the trade in the offseason?

Anyway, it's ridiculous when players don't report to the team, especially when they are still under contract. I'm pissed with the whole Zo issue! Outrageous...
screwded the lakers? you got it twisted. Payton felt betrayed because he signed with the lakers for less money, expecting to stay with them, and they go and trade him.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ron Mexico said:
the hornets, hawks, and raptors didn't want zo, jimmy jackson, and gary payton anyway, people act like they traded them to fill a need or they actually sought out to trade for these players, they only needed people to match salaries and they were going to dump them this offseason anyway so why report if when its pretty mutual that both parties don't want the players their
Exactly. Toronto didn't want to pay Zo's salary. By buying him out, they saved something like $40 million over the next couple of years. Toronto was more than happy to let Zo go. All Toronto was trying to do was dump Vince's salary and create cap space, for oh, I dunno, NEXT YEAR. Why can't Raptors fans realize that? Same with Payton and the Hawks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
On Thre3 said:
screwded the lakers? you got it twisted. Payton felt betrayed because he signed with the lakers for less money, expecting to stay with them, and they go and trade him.
Didn't he publicly announced that he didn't want to stay with the Lakers anymore?

I'm not too sure. You might be right. My mistake.

·
Registered
497 Posts
BBB said:
Didn't he publicly announced that he didn't want to stay with the Lakers anymore?

I'm not too sure. You might be right. My mistake.
well im not too sure either, but i think im right that he he wanted to stay.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
there is little you can do such as in jim jackson's case. if his contract had been voided, the league would have done him a favor. he would then be able to sign with a contender and gets exactly what he wants. when a player doesn't want to play he doesn't want to play, simple as that.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
payton said he wanted out after shaq was traded and then back peddled
well he got his wish and screwed lakers out of marcus banks.

Players who don't report should have their current contract voided, additionally to not being allowed to play for two seasons. Unless you have no trade clause, you can be traded, simple as that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
KennethTo said:
Players who don't report should have their current contract voided, additionally to not being allowed to play for two seasons. Unless you have no trade clause, you can be traded, simple as that.
What if the owners don't want the player to report?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts