Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the Hawks are on the table(http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm).
So, although Antonio Davis is decent, I'd rather have Theo Ratliff patrolling the paint, or Shareef to play SF and PF. Davis isn't the defensive presence inside that the Bulls need, and his points mostly come from outside jumpers. Shareef is a proven scorer in the league, and has a similar game to Donyell Marshall, but is slightly quicker (can guard 3's). Both of these players have 2 years left on their contracts, just like AD, and make roughly the same money. I'd take either.
Why would Atlanta do this?
To trade AD to a team like Dallas or Minnesota, teams in need of a center, in return for some expiring contracts or smaller contracts, that are easier to part with.
Makes sense to me?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bulls42</b>!
All the Hawks are on the table(http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm).
So, although Antonio Davis is decent, I'd rather have Theo Ratliff patrolling the paint, or Shareef to play SF and PF. Davis isn't the defensive presence inside that the Bulls need, and his points mostly come from outside jumpers. Shareef is a proven scorer in the league, and has a similar game to Donyell Marshall, but is slightly quicker (can guard 3's). Both of these players have 2 years left on their contracts, just like AD, and make roughly the same money. I'd take either.
Why would Atlanta do this?
To trade AD to a team like Dallas or Minnesota, teams in need of a center, in return for some expiring contracts or smaller contracts, that are easier to part with.
Makes sense to me?
How about AD, Gill, and our pick for Theo and SAR? maybe thats a deal that would be worth doing.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Re: Re: Players who we could actually trade for

Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

How about AD, Gill, and our pick for Theo and SAR? maybe thats a deal that would be worth doing.
Where's the petition for ACE as GM?

I'd like to bring in Theo...

I don't think we need SAR...

It all depends if Atlanta is looking to package the 2 or just do whatever to get them off the books...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
salaries are about

8 million off- so give em JYD

If the Hawks did this trade absolutely no-one would attend the games, they would never win, no-one would buy the team, and the team would probably contract or move to another city.

fine by me

·
Registered
268 Posts
It makes sense to me, but I think the Hawks would only do it in a three-way trade so that they wouldn't have the possibility of ending up with AD sitting on their roster untraded.

Chad Ford had an ESPN Insider article on this today as well. He says the idea is to get rid of Terry and Ratliff before Shareef. I'm not sure if Ratliff would be a good pickup for the Bulls - he's almost as old as AD and very injury prone. And it's not like we just need the final piece for a playoff push.

More likely, the Hawks trade Ratliff to one of the aforementioned playoff teams for expiring contracts or young guys, then consider dealing Shareef and a bad contract to us for AD and one of our younger guys. Could still work for me if they threw in Diaw.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pax, call Atlanta

Hoopshype rumors says they are waiting to sell the team before making any moves.
I'd think they want to build around Diaw.
Unfortunately, I'm sure there are contenders with better trade bait.
Pax should still give it a try. I'm sure Isiah is on the phone with them...

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Players who we could actually trade for

Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!

Where's the petition for ACE as GM?

I'd like to bring in Theo...

I don't think we need SAR...

It all depends if Atlanta is looking to package the 2 or just do whatever to get them off the books...
Thanks! I would love to be GM, my dream job! I don't think we need SAR either but at least that would give us an option to play someone long at sf. It seems like the Bulls are enamored with 6'5" sf's.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
the problem with Atlanta is that they have no ownership. The current GM cant do anything until ownership is in place.

By the way SAR wouldnt be a nice fit here. He is a 4

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LewAlcindor</b>!
Name one winning team that Shareef has played on.:confused:
You can't....

That's part of the reason I said I wouldn't want him plus the fact that we don't need him....

Ratliff would be nice, but then again who doesn't want him?

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Re: Pax, call Atlanta

Originally posted by <b>Bulls42</b>!
Hoopshype rumors says they are waiting to sell the team before making any moves.
I'd think they want to build around Diaw.
Unfortunately, I'm sure there are contenders with better trade bait.
Pax should still give it a try. I'm sure Isiah is on the phone with them...
Build around Diaw??

Since when did he become a franchise player?

He's finally gotten the chance to start and he's still putting up like 4 pts a game...

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
why the hawks do the deal with us and getting AD back? theo and SARS are both more valuable than AD, they could get more from other teams.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Re: Re: Pax, call Atlanta

Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!

Build around Diaw??

Since when did he become a franchise player?

He's finally gotten the chance to start and he's still putting up like 4 pts a game...
Diaw has to have among the most interesting stat lines in the NBA. The guy refuses to score at all lengths. but he gets a good amount of assts and rebounds. He is probably more Stockton like then any player I have seen in awhile. he is 6-8 and black however so no one will ever say it. But he plays that same way with his unselfishness. But he better get more aggresive offensively before atlanta builds around him

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Atlanta will NEVER take on Davis's contract. If they trade SAR they want young talent, exp contracts and a pick. Giving em your pick helps, but it still wont make them want to take Davis and JYD for that matter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts