Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sunlight in a distant sky
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup that's our backcourt

They stay on the court because they do the little things

Well must be real little seeing as though we're about to go 2 and 8 from our last 10

Look .. I like Kirk and Duhon but we're just getting shot out of games by the opposing back courts .. so its the worst of both worlds

We're not taking care of the perimeter and haven't for some time ( Ray and the Supes aside ) and they couldn't score if they had a C Note shoved down the eye of a rip roaring love pump walking into a ho house on payday

They may have their niggles and aches and pains and the good jibber ju Dudley Do right good organisational soldiers that they are aside.... I have seen enough of Duhon and Kirk playing big minutes together in our backcourt

The truth is is in the back half of this season it has worked sporadically but in the persistence of it it will cost us a playoff spot

Suppose there is always hope of winning the lottery and lucking into Andrew Bogut to warm the spirits ...... possibly the most complete bigman to come to the NBA since Tim Duncan

But is this what we have been reduced to ?

Begging for draft mercy again ?

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Re: Playing the right way and with excellent jibs but shooting like Stevie Wonder on

SausageKingofChicago said:
Yup that's our backcourt

They stay on the court because they do the little things

Well must be real little seeing as though we're about to go 2 and 8 from our last 10

Look .. I like Kirk and Duhon but we're just getting shot out of games by the opposing back courts .. so its the worst of both worlds

We're not taking care of the perimeter and haven't for some time ( Ray and the Supes aside ) and they couldn't score if they had a C Note shoved down the eye of a rip roaring love pump walking into a ho house on payday

They may have their niggles and aches and pains and the good jibber ju Dudley Do right good organisational soldiers that they are aside.... I have seen enough of Duhon and Kirk playing big minutes together in our backcourt

The truth is is in the back half of this season it has worked sporadically but in the persistence of it it will cost us a playoff spot

Suppose there is always hope of winning the lottery and lucking into Andrew Bogut to warm the spirits ...... possibly the most complete bigman to come to the NBA since Tim Duncan

But is this what we have been reduced to ?

Begging for draft mercy again ?

no way you guys miss the playoffs IMO, the east is so bad and everytime the wizards or cleveland or chicago or indy or orlando loses the other four also do it, i think the bulls will either back in or head in but they will still be in the playoffs based on how bad the east 4 through 9 plays

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Playing the right way and with excellent jibs but shooting like Stevie Wonder on

truth.

i'm sick of seeing the "little things" done, when you can't do the BIG THINGS. ie. put the damn ball in the hoop.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts

Well, we did the main big thing tonight. And when Kirk goes off for 21-9-8 with 3 steals, I can somewhat live with the poor shooting (ala Jason Wifebeater).

And Duhon came up incredibly huge with the 3's and more importantly his D on AI in the 2nd half. Not to discount the team D and the defensive rebounding, both were very good, but Duhon has to get some props for his clutch plays tonight.

That being said, how much better will this team be when we have a Raja Bell or Tayshaun Prince (I can dream) starting at SG with Ben still coming off the bench for offense and Duhon playing the role of Randy Brown circa 96-98?

·
Registered
8,604 Posts

DaBullz said:
This obviously begs the question...

Who shoots better: Stevie Wonder on Acid or Ray Charles on Heroin?

Jose Feliciano on peyote

·
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I admit it was a half time spray venting the pent up angst of our last 10 games when we've been getting spanked more than a skank in a Rob Lowe video

Still doesn't change the fact that we have an unbalanced and under performing backcourt in a comparative sense to those that would be and are our immediate competitors

And God bless Kirk

God Bless Chris

·
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

DaBullz said:
SPOILER

If you've seen the movie Ray, they depicted Ray Charles as a heroin addict.
Not depicted

You can't depict what the actuality of what someone is/was in a biopic

Small technicality m'man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts