Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just gone through Atlanta's record so far.

They are currently 17-9 and the 3rd seed in the East. Of their 9 losses, though, 7 of them are to Miami, Oklahoma City, Houston, the Clippers, and Golden State... in other words, the playoff teams.

TRANSLATION: The Hawks have done a great job of beating the teams they are supposed to beat.

I don't think they have the fire power to win a playoff series. Even if they finish with the 3rd seed, I think they will be ripe for the picking by Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, or whoever else they wind up matched-up with in the first round.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
As a Hawks fan, I'm pretty disinterested in this season. Little bummed the team is playing this well, honestly. This year is sort of lost in translation, the real fun will come this offseason. Who knows what's going to happen with Josh and why he all of a sudden changed his tune and mentioned something about an "understanding" with the GM. Not really sure what that means, but I'm interested in finding out.

It's not that they aren't fun to watch, it's that it's hard to take them seriously as a top team.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts