Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think even though the Nets lost last night, we will still sneak in. Philadelphia, Orlando, Chicago & Indiana all have tough games ahead of them.

Orlando- I think they are done
Final 14 games- 4-10
Season record- 36-46

Philadelphia- I think Indiana and Philly will battle for the 8th seed-
final 15 games- 4-11
season record- 37-45

New Jersey- we get in as a 7th seed
final 13 games- 8-5
season record- 40-42

Chicago- they get in as a 6th seed
final 16 games- 5-11
season record- 40-42

Indiana- I think Indy & Philly will fight for the right to play Miami
final 14 games- 3-11
season record- 37-45

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Love the 6th seed, like the 7th seed, don't want the 8th seed and a potential sweep at the hands of Shaq and the Heat.

-Petey

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
pacers going 3 and 11!!! I dont think Indiana will be that bad, they just beat the Spurs and were rolling along before the nets beat them.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
We sure could use some bottoms falling out, and Orlando's definitely is. BUt I don't think we can rely on everyone else's bottome falling out as well. I am amazed, though, that Indy is keeping it going. Carlisle must be one helluva coach.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:
We sure could use some bottoms falling out, and Orlando's definitely is. BUt I don't think we can rely on everyone else's bottome falling out as well. I am amazed, though, that Indy is keeping it going. Carlisle must be one helluva coach.
Good canidate for COY (Coach of the Year), doubt he gets it though...

-Petey

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it's low, but anything can happen in the league. I'm not trying to be biased towards the nets side, but Philly has to go West, Indy still has the Heat and some other +500 teams. Chicago is also another team, Hinrich is out and eventually all those injuries will catch up, but regardless of what happens, the Nets will be in the playoffs

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Nets24 said:
I know it's low, but anything can happen in the league. I'm not trying to be biased towards the nets side, but Philly has to go West, Indy still has the Heat and some other +500 teams. Chicago is also another team, Hinrich is out and eventually all those injuries will catch up, but regardless of what happens, the Nets will be in the playoffs
Sorry, but this just ain't happening. There is no chance that all of those teams have losing records in the last month. WTF, Chicago ain't going to fall off. They have 3 hard games in their last 16, Miami, Boston, and someone that I can't think of right now, a West team. Kirk is out for what, 1 more game if that, and Luol Deng and Eddy Curry are back 100% from their injuries. Bulls are going to have a winning record the rest of the way, not a losing one.

Washington, even though not listed, will go around .500 the rest of the way. You won't pass them up.

Philedalphia and Indiana are two teams in the same boat. They just seem to be hovering around the edge of the playoffs. You do have potential to pass them up. They will be right there though, just like they've been all year.

Now for teams with the bottoms falling out from beneath them. The first team, which is slipping out of the playoffs picture faster then my sisters english grade is dropping is obviously the Orlando Magic. The other is Cleveland, who has had their recent struggles, and are slipping.

This is how I picture the East shaping up.

1. Miami Heat
2. Detroit Pistons
3. Boston Celtics
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Washington Wizards
6. Cleveland Caveleirs
7. Philidalphia 76ers
8. New Jersey Nets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts