Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I predict hawks will make the playoffs. everytime i say this ppl luagh, i dont know why.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I don't know either, Theo is a premiere shot blocker and Jason Terry really stepped up his defense at the end of last season. Newble is an above average defender.

If these 3 continue to play good defense, that should more than make up the fact that Reef and Glenn are below average defenders.

Defense is the only reason people are doubting the Hawks. The offense is all in place.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
actually

almost all teams in the east have a shot. I think that the Hawks have a very good shot of making the playoffs, not only do they have 3 possibly 4 stars, they have depth. I think we will see early in the season how seriosu this team is.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Wiz fan here. I'm still a little skeptical about the Hawks. Their defense might be awful, but chemistry will be the real issue. I really don't think Terry will be able to make Big DOg and Shareef happy while getting his own share of shots. There is only 1 basketball out there.

However, if Ratliff stays healthy, you guys might be in the playoffs (with the Wiz right ahead of you of course) :) .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts