Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cut out this piss poor basketball that you've been playing. I can't take it, and start Andre Miller because they sucked before he started, then he started and they went on a win streak, now he's not starting and they suck again. I'm not a big Andre Miller fan, but results are results. Starting the inferior Steve Blake like it's an intelligent choice Nate McMuffin. Get it together Blazers.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
First off we need to play some D. Oden can't do it all himself.

I do agree I'd love to see Miller starting. He doesn't have a 3 point shot, but Webster does so he doesn't really need one as long as he can make a set shot which he can.

What has been great though is Oden's play! 13 pts, 20 rbs, and 4 block shots in 30 mins. And that's with us not utilizing him as we should.

I think the good though is once we get use to playing off of Oden we are going to be a much better team it's just going to take some time.

People point to the addition of Miller and Howard as being the problem, but that are only a couple of the factors. We are missing two players because of injury, one of them a starter and one our 6th man. We have two new starters, Webster and Oden. Webster wasn't even playing last year so that is a big change in itself.

It's going to take some time, but we will be alright, just have some patience.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
What exactly is going on with Roy right now? A lot of people seem to be saying he's showing signs of what a younger leader would be doing. I know he had a meeting with his coach along with Oden/Aldridge, but I wasn't paying too much attention when they were talking about it. Something about he feels he's sacrificing too much?

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
What exactly is going on with Roy right now? A lot of people seem to be saying he's showing signs of what a younger leader would be doing. I know he had a meeting with his coach along with Oden/Aldridge, but I wasn't paying too much attention when they were talking about it. Something about he feels he's sacrificing too much?
Not sure what you mean by the part I put in bold. I guess you mean he's showing signs what a younger player, not leader would be doing? He has always put the team first in the past and I think he's doing that now, but I think he's worried that he's doing it so much it's hurting the team.

I think that the switch to a 3 guard lineup was a big mistake because it put Roy at SF which did take a lot away from his game. Roy, LMA, and Oden had a meeting with Nate, but they did the same thing last year. I think the biggest thing is they are trying to get use to playing with Oden having a more dominant role on the team. This should have been done last year, but because of Oden recovering from knee surgery and having a few minnor injuries he didn't get going like he has this year. It's just going to take some time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts