Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Sam Smith

The Bulls could send the Magic Kirk Hinrich for Brandon Bass, J.J. Redick and Anthony Johnson. I don’t like giving up Hinrich, but the Bulls need that cap space. Hinrich would be great for Orlando, as he can play point guard and defend ones and twos. Though prearranged deals aren’t allowed, I’d release Redick to go back to Orlando as the Bulls don’t need him.

Just last week, Bass’ agent told the Orlando Sentinel they’re not asking for a trade but want to meet with management to discuss a role for the never-used Bass. The Magic go with Rashard Lewis and Ryan Anderson, leaving no room for Bass, whom the Bulls pursued in the 2005 draft and then again last summer. He’d be nice-long term insurance, as it would seem Tyrus Thomas is all but gone.
Some more ideas from Smith about Ellis, Camby and Jefferson you can find at the article.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Bass has a pretty bad contract for his production and I can't see where he would play on our team next year anyways.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
How would Reddick not be a need when we're low on guys who can actually hit shots from outside? Devin Brown has been broke since we acquired him.
I look at this as a salary dump not a trade that improves us. Which is why it would be brutal to get Bass back he makes 4 mil (for the next 4 years). Id prefer not having Bass take up 7.5% of our cap for the next 4 years.

If we are looking to dump salary than lets dump all of hinrichs salary not just 5 mil of it. Especcially since we are probably going to want to resign Redick anyways. If thats the case I say just keep Hinrich hes better than Redick now anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts