Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised he is still that high on nba mock drafts.. I've seen him the few minutes he played this season.. yesterday he was vs Benetton Treviso...
It's true that u can't say much about him because he plays few minutes and his teammates ignore him..but I discuss the draft reports about his athletism and his quickness...
They say he is agile... What? agile? He is a bear.. He is always late on the switches... he is slow.. slow... Yao is a lot more agile...
on the boards he is not aggressive... He hasn't shown basketball skills..
I think he shouldn't be a lottery pick..he should change team and go to play in a lower level.. In the first italian league he is a problem for the team.. especially defensively is not enough reactive to defend..
I can be wrong but I doubt it:D
Has anyone in this board seen him for some minutes and agree me? Or if u disagree u are welcome.:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,533 Posts
I saw him play a couple of minutes a while ago. He doesn´t seem very athletic and he seems lost on the court. His teammates don´t trust him enough with the ball so they tend to avoid him. He is, in my opinion, around 3-4 years away from making a significant impact anywhere. Having said all this, his potential is amazing, if he gets it all together he will be impossible to stop!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>LegoHat</b>!
I saw him play a couple of minutes a while ago. He doesn´t seem very athletic and he seems lost on the court. His teammates don´t trust him enough with the ball so they tend to avoid him. He is, in my opinion, around 3-4 years away from making a significant impact anywhere. Having said all this, his potential is amazing, if he gets it all together he will be impossible to stop!
Mh... I don't know.. i don't see potential.. I just see height. Do u think he is agile like scouts say?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,819 Posts
You guys need to get some video of him and post it on here :yes:

Any idea where I might be able to find some?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Charlotte_______</b>!
You guys need to get some video of him and post it on here :yes:

Any idea where I might be able to find some?
nope:cry: I've seen him on tv.. because they give some italian league games.. here in italy.Anyway he doesn't play much.. It's rare to watch him.. The scouts go to see him in training session, because on games there is not much to write..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I saw him in person 2 weeks ago in Belgrade,passes the look-test but can`t play.He`s not worth a lottery pick and won`t be discussed as such if he played as a college freshman.And that opinion is based without his medical status as having acromegaly.His joints and bones are constructed for a person 50 cm`s shorter and 100 pds lighter.He will never be able to play big minutes every other day.As a player he looks good in warm-ups physically and agility wise,can shoot regularly out to 18 feet.But he played some 8 minutes and that was weak,the badest sequence was when he got an offensive rebound,but trying to get off in traffic was telling,he never left the ground and seemed to shrink,in one defensive sequence,guys 5 inches and shorter were able 3 times to grab the ball ahead of pavlo.The team that drafts pavlo will have the worst GM in the nba.Reading all the scouting about him make me laugh,this is science fiction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>andrejjan</b>!
I saw him in person 2 weeks ago in Belgrade,passes the look-test but can`t play.He`s not worth a lottery pick and won`t be discussed as such if he played as a college freshman.And that opinion is based without his medical status as having acromegaly.His joints and bones are constructed for a person 50 cm`s shorter and 100 pds lighter.He will never be able to play big minutes every other day.As a player he looks good in warm-ups physically and agility wise,can shoot regularly out to 18 feet.But he played some 8 minutes and that was weak,the badest sequence was when he got an offensive rebound,but trying to get off in traffic was telling,he never left the ground and seemed to shrink,in one defensive sequence,guys 5 inches and shorter were able 3 times to grab the ball ahead of pavlo.The team that drafts pavlo will have the worst GM in the nba.Reading all the scouting about him make me laugh,this is science fiction.

I didn't know about that medical issue... Anyway i also have the impression that phisically and athletically he is not good as the scouts say... Agile is the word that I always read,but i don't understand why.. The scouts are probably only based on what they see on training sessions, but I don't think it is enough to judge a player...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
He is still very young- but extremely tall players sometimes just can't develope the way others do- he won't develope his athletics or coordination imo based on many tall players I've been paying attention so far.
Lottery pick...:laugh: oooooooverhyped gets a whole new meaning with Pavel.
 

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
Joined
·
19,803 Posts
Finally, some more people who have actually seen him in something else then a controlled workout. I was telling everyone these same things about the misguided scouting reports and people were calling me nuts. There is no way he has lottery talent or potential. Think poor mans Jake Tsakalidis.

He is not even in the same stratosphere as Yao Ming.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,533 Posts
Mh... I don't know.. i don't see potential.. I just see height. Do u think he is agile like scouts say?
No, he´s not super-agile. He can run and that´s what he has to do. It´s his pure size that got me saying potential.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
I have watched him 2 games.4 or 5 minutes.
He is very raw,but he has potential.He is not very agile,but he is not a stiff ala Slavko Vranes(how could this scub make a NBA team is beyond me).I would say he is moderately quick and agile for a man of his size.
I dont know if he worths a lottery pick,it is too early to tell.But while some 7'something players are complete scrubs that have 0 chances of become a NBA player(vranes,van der hare) he could develope into a NBA player.
He could.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
I can only say that I think a team who picks him in the lottery stage is going to make a big mistake. The man can't play more than five minutes a game because he's not a good player. Darko carried his team last year (played for like 30 minutes in a team that was almoust as strong as Pavel's current team) and now he's struggling, but when you see him play you can see he understands the game and there's a lot of room for great improvement in every aspect of his game. But Pavel doesn't have basketball talent. He's got lumberjack talent and he won't be very sucessfull on the big stage. Maybe a career like Oliver Miller. And he's even a bit injury prone.
 

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
Joined
·
17,071 Posts
I think the NBA GM's are gonna figure out he is not fo' real before the draft.


This guy should have came out last year when he was a dure lottery pick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
I can see him falling to the Clippers and Elgin Baylor will consider him the "Best Player Available" and take him. That would be my nightmare. I wish somehow Pavel would have to retire so no NBA team will make the mistake of taking him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,875 Posts
I think whatever team that drafts him will not be looking for immediate help from him. He will be drafrted on potential and almost potential alone.

It's just how a lot of high schoolers get drafted now. Take Ebi for the Timberwolves and Outlaw for the Trailblazers, everybody knew that when they got drafted they were not going to play big minutes in the near future for their respective teams. They were drafted with the hope that they could over time develop into solid players.

I think the main thing that Pavel has working for him is his size. You can't teach size like he has. I would think that if he were in the 6-10 to 7 foot range that he would not have nearly they hype he does now.

I guess his draft status will be determined a lot by how he does in some of the pre-draft workouts and camps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
Pavel is 7'4" and 300. He has 3 point range

Thats enough to be taken in the 1st round at least (15-29)... Dallas could nab him... He doesn't need to contribute... I'm sure Cuban will love his 3 pointers :p

I think he will surprise you people...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>Chef</b>!
Pavel is 7'4" and 300. He has 3 point range
Never seen him hit a 3p shoot... He has to demonstrate all of his basketball skills, and there are issues on his conditioning...I'm not optimist about Pavel.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top