Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

How important is Vince's individual performance for you?

• I want him to fill up the stats sheet. If the nets win or lose,I don't care.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I just want NJ to win,but added stats from VC is a huge plus.

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • I just want Vince to be on a team that has success. Regardless of the stats.

Votes: 11 21.2%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's it going to be?

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
Carter is one of those guys, who when the team is hot, he plays unbeilveable. But when the team is struggling and not playing up to expectations, Cater looks like any other player. Everyone knows he has the talent to put up 30 a game but its just a question of motivation. So if the Nets are winning games, then you can probably be sure that Carter is also putting up big numbers. That just seems to be the way it works.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vinsane said:
i am a vince fan and i want him to score no matter what
Thank you for your honesty.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
This is why I don't really agree with stuff like this. When Vince gets his stats, his team wins. That's the difference between him and other players whom this poll might be good for. But with Carter, he makes sure whatever he does is for the good of the team. When he has an explosive 40+ point night, you are pretty much gauranteed a win.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
as hard as for me to say this, but i hv to agree with vinsane's post. I want vc to score as much as he every game!!!!!!! but sure if were winning and he scores a lot it would be better, as i said before: VC scores 25+ pts we loose, half happy and same vice versa... i ahd to choose option2. it's more like VC scoring a lot and the nets winning.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PHeNoM Z28 said:
This is why I don't really agree with stuff like this. When Vince gets his stats, his team wins. That's the difference between him and other players whom this poll might be good for. But with Carter, he makes sure whatever he does is for the good of the team. When he has an explosive 40+ point night, you are pretty much gauranteed a win.
True. But that fact is a nice rock for closet ''all out'' VC fans to hide behind.

Just vote as if a 40 pts night from VC didn't mean an automatic win.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
VCFSO2000 said:
True. But that fact is a nice rock for closet ''all out'' VC fans to hide behind.

Just vote as if a 40 pts night from VC didn't mean an automatic win.
*sigh* :heart:

Like I said, I love stats so this is a hard decision for me. I like wins as well so...... I voted wins + stats.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
I can almost bet the reason why people want him to score a ton of points is so they can compare him to Kobe and Tmac. I think Vince is wise enough to know whats good for the team and whats good for him. As long as he is playing good ball, benefitting the team then I have no qualms with him. But I do have issues with his other fickle fans that dont even understand the game of basketball, talk less understand what kind of player Vince is.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Wins + stats would be nice. But just as long as we get the "W" that is all that matters. It would be even better if Vince Carter contributed and filled the stat sheet up.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Hbwoy said:
I can almost bet the reason why people want him to score a ton of points is so they can compare him to Kobe and Tmac. I think Vince is wise enough to know whats good for the team and whats good for him. As long as he is playing good ball, benefitting the team then I have no qualms with him. But I do have issues with his other fickle fans that dont even understand the game of basketball, talk less understand what kind of player Vince is.
Great points all around.

I'm a victim of wanting to compare him to Kobe TMac :angel:

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
I just want Vince to be on a team that has success. Regardless of the stats.
Its obvius the important thing is the W not Vince Socre 50 point but of course if Vince Score 50 theres a good chance the Nets will Win. But i prefer the Nets got 50 Wins that Vince AVG 50 ppg

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just want him to avg 25+/6/5
I dont really care about wins and losses,as long as nets make the playoffs,ill addmit it,VC comes before the nets for me.I was a raptors fan,now the only reason im a nets fan or im even posting here is cuz of #15

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
I didn't think this was "New Thread" worthy so I decided to post it here.

I was just messing around with a spreadsheet when I found this...

Career PPG among Active Players...
PHP:
Allen Iverson	  27.7505ppg
Shaquille O'Neal   26.7115
Lebron James	   24.4070
Vince Carter	   23.7928
I wonder why they always say Vince is ranked 3rd? Is it because Lebron's only played 172 games?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
I didn't think this was "New Thread" worthy so I decided to post it here.

I was just messing around with a spreadsheet when I found this...

Career PPG among Active Players...
PHP:
Allen Iverson	  27.7505ppg
Shaquille O'Neal   26.7115
Lebron James	   24.4070
Vince Carter	   23.7928
I wonder why they always say Vince is ranked 3rd? Is it because Lebron's only played 172 games?
I think that has something to do with it.

-Petey

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
cpawfan said:
Great stats keep Vince's trade value higher
If this was sarcasm, you should clearly label it as such!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To all VC fans...VC has 20 pts after 3 quarters,but his team leads by a huge margin.

Thus,Vince is glued to the bench because of the huge lead. If you've ever yearned for the score to get closer,just so Vince could get back on the court and score some more...You're putting VC ahead of the team.

I should know...I was like that in 2000-2001.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts