Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What do you think is the probability of a "normal" 2021-2022 basketball season?

• 0% no way it will be "normal", i.e. no fans, same as 2020-2021

• 25%

• 50%

• 75%

• 100% definitely will be "normal" season, i.e. fans allowed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be interesting to see what forum members think about next season.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I don't know how to put a percentage of "normalcy" on the season, but barring a new covid variant that is vaccine resistant, I believe that games will be played with fans in attendance. The facilities may be somewhat socially distanced, attendees will probably be required to wear masks, and/or proof of vaccination may be required to attend, but by next fall, I'm reasonably confident that things will be trending toward a new "normal".

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I don't know how to put a percentage of "normalcy" on the season, but barring a new covid variant that is vaccine resistant, I believe that games will be played with fans in attendance. The facilities may be somewhat socially distanced, attendees will probably be required to wear masks, and/or proof of vaccination may be required to attend, but by next fall, I'm reasonably confident that things will be trending toward a new "normal".
Yeah, this was along my line of thinking. I said "50%" because it's probably a bit of a coin flip that we'll get to normal by November. But, I think we will be more than 50% of the way back to normal if that makes sense. We will have fans: some schools will allow more than others, and those fans may need masks...or vaccines...or both. But we will have fans. And I think we'll have more travel among teams, and probably something closer to the 30-game schedule we're accustomed to. Specifically, I think we'll have fewer (but probably not zero) canceled games.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts