Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What shooting guard in the 2002 NBA draft will have the most succesful NBA career?

• Qyntel Woods

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Caron Butler

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Kareem Rush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jiri Welsh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooting guards

It seems most people think Jay Williams will have the most succesful NBA career out of the PGs, so its time to vote on shooting guards.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Shooting Guards...

Dajuan Wagner will have the best career as a SG in this draft...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like Wags a lot, plus half the guys in the poll are 3's

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Well, it depends on what position you think Dajuan Wagner will play. I guarantee you he'd be one of the five best passers in the league at the point, but his scoring ability is just too incredible to not play him at the 2. I'd say Baby Wags is the number one 2 guard. But from your list, the only guy I see that will play the 2 is Kareem Rush! Woods and Butler are no doubt SF's, and Welsch is a point guard!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed, if someone was looking for a clone of Iverson, DaJuan Wagner would no doubt be your man. He has exellent passing ability, and would be the type of guy that the offense would be run through. In the NBA, he would probably be played somewhat like AI, where he is technically a SG, but is played somewhere in between the two guard spots. It shoud be really exiting to see him play in the league, and there is always the possibility that if he is drafted or tradedt o a team that already has a good shooting guard, maybe they will put him at the 1 and see what he can do. He could probably have success in both positions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts