Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the obvious Olowokandi, Wells, Lewis, and Bibby, this free agent class is nothing special at all. I like Bowen, but he's staying in San An. My plea is not to sign a center just to add that big body we need badly. I say sign the best player available that we could sign and then bring in that big body via trade, like dealing Anderson for Tag, (something like that).

Guys I believe we should look at are William Avery, pending his breakout year in 02-03, I'll bet ya that much...I also like Billups a lot. Travis Best is solid, Eddie House, Rusty LaRue, McInnis, Ollie, Erick, not Rod, Strickland, Donyell Marshall, Bryon Russell, and so on.

A dream scenario would be if we could add Bryon Russell and Chauncey Billups and subtract Eisley and Anderson. That seems impossible to do, though, but I tell ya that'd be a major improvement...

Another player I like a lot is Michael Redd. If we deal Latrell, I say we look into signing this guy.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just have to making good mid level salary signings, not crap like clarence weatherspoon, actual players with real game who may be able to step up... and if there isn't anyone good to get that's unrestricted and worth keeping, we need to just sign for one season, not a long time... if this year results in little, next year's free agency is suppossed to be a lot better....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts