Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Man that would be a great move for us maybe package Lue or Whitney, hell throw in Laetner to get Lewis, I'd give Lewis the 75 mill he wants he could grow with the rest of our young talent, probably not likely though.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would most certainly take some of our young talent to get a deal done, maybe even Rip.

Lue/Whitney/Popeye aren't going to get you much especially when the Sonics could get Popeye straight up. The impetus for them would be to try and get something for Lewis. By arranging a double sign and trade, which I don't even know is possible but guess it is, they can get young talent that may not have the salary to match up with Lewis signing a deal. Popeye's deal could add to it, and we could get something in return.

We have the rights to Juan Carlos and Grizzard as well, which don't take any cap room. Possibly if JC plays well in the Worlds, we might see something done along those lines.

Forget about Laettner moving on as well.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I wouldn't give up any of our young talent for Lewis he's a lot closer to reaching his peak as a player and frankly not really all that impressed, is he a good player yes ,but I don't believe he's headed to elite status in the league, I'd hate to give up Rip whom I believe is better than Lewis is and with added stregnth could be an allstar, I think teams have interest in Lewis but not as a franchise player, Rip may not be either but I think he's a solid 2nd option unlike Lewis who I think is just a role player, I know they won't take Laetner but I'd sure like us to move him. I really think we're better off losing Popeye, he'll only stand to be Collins security blanket when it's time to start developing our young pf's. I think we're about to lose Grizzard and that troubles me because I think he could become a really good player, and Navarro is a wild card but I don't think they'd get Lewis in a trade either , the only real scenario I beleive they'd accept is either Kwame or Etan Thomas and possibly jj, and someone else, they have Mason and Barry who's their sg's but with the threat of losing Payton,maybe Lue or another sf will due I don't think it'll happen and frankly I'd like us to stand pat for the moment until we see what's what as the season goes along. Payon is free after this coming season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts