Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this up on the Blazer board, but thought I'd put it here as well.

Assumptions:

1) The Clippers are looking to clear enough cap space to make a MAX offer to Kobe in July. This means that they MUST get rid of Richardson (either by trade or not offering him a qualifying offer), they MUST get rid of Dooling (either by trade or not offering him a qualifying offer) and they MUST trade $3 million in salary in some combination of Jaric, Drobnjak, Wilcox or Ely. AND none of these trades can return any salary in 2004-05.

2) The Bulls are serious about trading Crawford.
-----------------------

PORTLAND trades Wesley Person, Memphis' 1st round pick in 2004 and their own 1st round pick in 2005.
PORTLAND receives Jamal Crawford, Melvin Ely and Keyon Dooling.

CLIPPERS trade Quentin Richardson, Melvin Ely, Peja Drobnjak and Keyon Dooling
CLIPPERS receive Wesley Person, Marcus Fizer, Portland's 1st round pick in 2005 and Chicago's 1st round pick in 2005 (lottery protected)

CHICAGO trades Jamal Crawford, Marcus Fizer and their 1st round pick in 2005 (lottery protected)
CHICAGO receives Quentin Richardson, Peja Drobnjak and Memphis' 1st round pick in 2004.

BTW, Clippers release Fizer at the end of the year by not offering him a qualifying offer.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Interesting proposal, but I wonder if Portland would trade two 1st round picks for Crawford and Ely.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
So Cal.. There have been many Clipps clearing cap space proposal's that I've laughed at.. Mainly because, they were all one sided for the other squad's.. With that being said.. I like your's.. Mainly because, we'd be getting something in return for tanking the season!.. I'm definately being delusional, but can't I dream?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.