Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blazers/Nuggets game thread

Seriously.... how many more assists would Bassy have if Reef, Joel, and Ruben could convert? I can count at least 3, maybe 4 assists that they've cost him....

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it isn't just Reef.... the Blazers entire front line is guilty in that department

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
NateBishop3 said:
it isn't just Reef.... the Blazers entire front line is guilty in that department
I'm not too worried, because assists are just a number. It doesn't really show what's going on out there ... (ie D. Stoudamire's assist numbers are usually hollow)

The real thing that I like to see is that Telfair is actually getting guys good looks today. So, if they make them ... great. If they miss them ... too bad, but the team will still be bolstered. Working together is contagious and can only lead to good things ... even if the initial shot is missed.

Play.

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The more I watch the young guys, the more I love the future of this team. Viktor is awesome. I love how he plays. His defense is solid. Przybilla isn't going to be an All-Star, but he's solid.

I think Bassy and Travis will be the stars, but that's just me...

The more I watch these guys, the more I think we would be fine without Zach or Darius.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
This hurts.

We played so solid - but you can see we are tired. Especially Reef. You can see he can't turn up the dial.

Keep pushing guys.

Play.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
These refs want to show up tonight?

They've missed a ton of foul calls down low for us. Especially Reef ... 4 of his shots were blatantly fouled ... it's really pissing me off.

Play.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Playmaker0017 said:
This hurts.

We played so solid - but you can see we are tired. Especially Reef. You can see he can't turn up the dial.

Keep pushing guys.

Play.
SAR played big minutes last night too, ya cant blame him for being a little tired.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hap said:
the only thing I was disspaointed with was VIktors play on Carmello.

but at the same time, he didn't play him horrible.

Oh well, just 'anudder ping pong'.
What didn't you like? Carmello is going to have nights like tonight, but Victor played him tough IMO.

Sure he got in foul trouble like always, but he also took 3 charges and had 3 steals. More importantly, he finally shot when he was wide open.

He didn't look like an all-star, but I thought he was an above average game.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Triple_Single said:
Why do so many people spell Carmelo's name with two 'L's?
I don't know about others, but I can't spell.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Triple_Single said:
Why do so many people spell Carmelo's name with two 'L's?
I think it has to do with the chocolate bar:

Caramello.

Or maybe Mello Yello.

Who knows? The guy is a jerk to the first degree.

Play.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
We had control earlier in the fourth, and then Ruben blew back-to-back fast breaks (again) and that set the tone for the rest of the game.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Ugh,why wasn't Outlaw a bigger part of the game in the 2nd half. He rarely played! He should have got Ruben's minutes.I was at the game not overlly impressed atall with Carmelo. He had a very quiet 21 and was a huge non factor in the 1st half. Dude is going to peak at Glen Robinsons level like NBADraft.net predicted in their mock comparrison 2 years ago.

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love Rube, but he shouldn't be playing... Plain and simple...

·
Registered
675 Posts
NateBishop3 said:
I love Rube, but he shouldn't be playing... Plain and simple...
I feel bad for Ruben, because he had his best season as a Blazer earlier this season... And he definately earned his minutes more than anyone else, but you're right. He shouldn't be playing. TO and The Russian should.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts