Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
6,390 Posts
Not watchin, but checking out the box score every now and then. 34 points in the first quarter and 54 now with about 5 minutes left. Even though we're down by 10, it's nice to see us scoring some points.

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GrandpaBlaze said:
Since you are watching the game bballchick, care to post half-time reviews of the players. Who is doing well, poorly, etc.?

I can't watch so your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gramps...
Sure.

Starters:

Telfair-been very aggressive offensively, and doing pretty well with it. he's great from the three (2 for 2) but having a lot of trouble finishing going to the hoop. Defense is lacking a bit as well.

Blake-shooting ok (3 for 9), working very hard on defense, running around like crazy trying to cover all the guys left open by the trailblazers constant double teaming and refusal to return to their man, even when he is about to shoot. i think he's much more effective bringing the ball up the court as a one instead of a two and he's been forced to play two most of the night.

Randolph- 3 fouls already and only two points on 1 of 5, Suns playing good D on him so he should really start passing more and waiting for more open shots. Only 2 rebounds also, generally not much of a factor tonight. defense kinda cruddy.

Khryapa-shooting well (3-3), rebounding well (5), hustling as always.

Pryzbilla-rebounding well (6) but that's about it. Looks a little slow to me still but definately on his way back and has two turnovers.

Bench:
Dixon-seemed to be shooting well but hasn't played much at all, two turnovers also. lacking on d as well.

Outlaw-showing his athleticism tonight with a dunk, shooting well at 4 for 6 and definately hustling but two turnovers and hasn't played a ton.

Webster-didn't play much and didn't do much. he's one for two.

Miles-hasn't played.

Skinner-hustling, doign his usual screen setting and the little unnoticed helpful plays. 3 rebounds.
shooting 2 for 2.

Hope that helps. Sorry it's not better I'm trying to watch the game now again.

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
End o' game recap: The only person that really impressed me at all was Jarret, which was surprising because he hasn't been doing much lately. Everyone else was pretty crappy and the defense was ridiculous. Zach was useless and lazy, slow and barely tried at all at several points, he seemed to be doing his best to make sure we didn't miss Darius's lovely presence out on the floor.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
I thought Jack obviously had a surprising performance, but equally impressive was the Victor. He and Outlaw had a combined 36 points, 19 rebounds, and shot the ball very well. Outlaw had a few threes and a few blocks. Basically my point is we obviously don't need Miles at SF, or anywhere, for that matter. Are any of us really surprised he missed a shoot around and didn't provide an explanation? I'd like to hear some of you defend him now.. Really.. I need another good laugh.

Glad that Telfair was able to come back from the ankle. Zach, wow, not quit what we've come to expect these past few weeks. Not aware of many other max contract players who EVER have a night like that.

· Registered
409 Posts
Basically my point is we obviously don't need Miles at SF, or anywhere, for that matter. Are any of us really surprised he missed a shoot around and didn't provide an explanation? I'd like to hear some of you defend him now.. Really.. I need another good laugh.
I was wondering why he was benched...working in India now and I'm starved for information. As long as Nate is the coach next year...he's gone.

Peace

· Registered
5,731 Posts
ColoradoBlazerFan said:
...working in India now ...
What area and doing what?

· Registered
7,207 Posts
After watching this game I came away with the feeling that the young guys were actually the only ones who showed up to play. They were the only unit that put on positive runs at any point of the game, but usually too late.

The team needs to actually run plays for Webster for him to be more effective, a lot of time he was out on the court he was reduced to a guy trying to make a play off the ball.

As said above good games for Kryapa and Outlaw. Kryapa could have had 30 if he had reduced his mistakes catching the ball.

· Registered
526 Posts
Actually what happened with Telfair, was Amare' stepped on his foot while he was turning, thus twisting his ankle. It looked pretty bad, but suprisingly he came back into the game in the 4th quarter. I know Miles wouldn't have done that...

Anyways, Jack played great. He hit a few shots in a row and was hot. I think at one point he had hit 3 straight shots and was begging for the ball from Dixon.. but instead Dixon runs down court 2 consecutive times and throws up contested shots. Dixon is a good guy and all, but I can't stand his style of play. But yea, Jack played great.

Victor played good as well, and Travis had a few highlight dunks. Travis also had a few highlight blocks. Solid defense. You could tell Travis was trying to be more aggressive after Nate had that "talk" with him. If Travis can learn to be more aggressive, then we won't miss Miles in the least.

Telfair played pretty well up until he hurt his ankle. He wasn't the same after he came back in the forth quarter, but I give him credit for trying to play in the 4th, especially when it was already a blowout. That shows his character and competiveness.

Zach was terrible... very terrible.

Miles, looked great... sitting on the bench.

After watching tonight, we don't need Morrison. Victor, Travis, and even Webster are all capable at the 3. Miles is expendable. I'd much rather get a big man like Aldridge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.