Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portland fans are such weirdos, i love you guys, your such a cult in the NBA. Keep it up, you weirdo's.

(I LOVE TRAVIS OUTLAW, IS THERE A FAN CLUB?)

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
uhhhh thank you :whatever:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Go away! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Okay, I'll bite......what makes Portland fans such weirdo's? Because we are fans of a team when it isn't the popular thing to do or stick with the team when the team isn't winning? I would really love to know what makes you think that I am an more weird than you? Okay, let'er fly.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
The Streets will flow with the blood of the Unbelievers, as we Laker fans sit upon our throne made from the Skulls of Haters. The Day of Reckoning is upon us, and when that day comes, we will remember all those who doubted the Lakers, and we will watch, as they choke on blood that is thicker then the tar that fills their evil souls.
OK, so now tell us again... Who's the weirdo?

Yikes.

"The blood of the unbelievers" - LOL

I'll be back later guys. Gotta go refill my evil soul with some thick tar.

-Pop

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no no no no no no! You got me all wrong, let me re-word.

You are interesting, and i love how your so loyal, i actually tell people all the time that Blazer fans are the most loyal, i just use the word weird alot. I ment no disrespect, if anything i meant respect and admiration, keep up the loyalty you weirdo's. You guys are a really really good group of fans.

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Well, I don't know if I agree. Obviously this board is very loyal to the team... it amazes me how quickly news is broken here. Sometimes I swear a few of you get Blazer press releases BEFORE I DO....

But I think the majority of the city is a bunch of front runners. Just look at the garden on a game night. Empty. This team loves a winner, but ignores a loser. It was pretty much the same way before we traded for Damon Stoudamire oh so long ago.

The city had lost interest then, and they are even less interested now...

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
NateBishop3 said:
Well, I don't know if I agree. Obviously this board is very loyal to the team... it amazes me how quickly news is broken here. Sometimes I swear a few of you get Blazer press releases BEFORE I DO....

But I think the majority of the city is a bunch of front runners. Just look at the garden on a game night. Empty. This team loves a winner, but ignores a loser. It was pretty much the same way before we traded for Damon Stoudamire oh so long ago.

The city had lost interest then, and they are even less interested now...
thats the big elephant in the room that no one wants to admit. While the CORE fans are loyal, the city "embracing" the team isn't as common as some people like to portray. While the attendance was much better in the mid 90's, the city didn't really embrace the team much at all.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Am I the only one who understood what he meant in his 1st post? It was a compliment. Hell we are weird. Wea re the 5th worst team record wise and we have such a great following over here. :cheers: baby.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
Am I the only one who understood what he meant in his 1st post? It was a compliment. Hell we are weird. Wea re the 5th worst team record wise and we have such a great following over here. :cheers: baby.

Nope, I got it as well.

Must have something to do with having lived in Eugene for a time.....

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya you guys are just mad crazy.

THE FUTURE OF THE NBA WEARS A BLAZERS JERSEY! IT'S NAME....

TRAVIS OUTLAW!!!!!!!!

p.s i still love you Lakers.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
convert convert convert

join blazer mania leave the la kobis

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Travis is going to start getting a following similar to Vince Carter...

I guarantee he'll be in the dunk contest next year...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
NateBishop3 said:
Travis is going to start getting a following similar to Vince Carter...

I guarantee he'll be in the dunk contest next year...
I doubt it. The NBA has a way of snubbing Blazer players from participating in any type of event that would bring a sense of pride to the organization or its fans.

Although, I'd love to see it. I'd like to see Travis and Andre Iguodala and Josh Smith and a few other guys.

As much as I think the event would improve if Vince Carter and Kobe entered it, I have lost all respect for them, acting like they are too good for the dunk contest.

-Pop

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
no no no no no no! You got me all wrong, let me re-word.

You are interesting, and i love how your so loyal, i actually tell people all the time that Blazer fans are the most loyal, i just use the word weird alot. I ment no disrespect, if anything i meant respect and admiration, keep up the loyalty you weirdo's. You guys are a really really good group of fans.
it's been a feeding frenzy in here for a while. it also doesn't help if you're wearing gold and purple. seems like lately in here, if one fan smells blood every one just starts attacking what ever is the closest (post to being on topic). i call that a little weird.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
SodaPopinski said:
As much as I think the event would improve if Vince Carter and Kobe entered it, I have lost all respect for them, acting like they are too good for the dunk contest.
This is the NBA's fault, not theirs... what is there to prove by entering the dunk contest when you've already won it and have a large fan base? You gain essentially nothing if you win and run the risk of looking stupid if you mess up.

Until they put up a significant lump sum for the winner - $1 million? - there will be little draw to the elite players in the leauge.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I understood what you were getting at. Thanks for the compliment! You're more than welcome to join our already strong fan base here at bbb.net.

And yes, Outlaw's the man!

Reactions: LakerLunatic
1 - 20 of 26 Posts