Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

portland-minnesota trade?

395 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Turtle219 
#1 ·
The clock is ticking on summer trades...I think there will be just one or two more big ones.

Here's a trade I pulled out of a nameless orifice, involving some players who would benefit from a change of scenery:

Portland sends Damon Stoudamire and Zach Randolph to Minnesota for Terrell Brandon and Marc Jackson

Portland soured on Stoudamire a long time ago, and with Kenny Anderson on board could afford to take a chance on Brandon's creaky body for the next year. Brandon comes off the cap in two years anyway. Randolph will have a tough time getting significant playing time, and Jackson would have a chance at some PT as a true center. The Blazers' main motivation, though, would be to move Stoudamire.

As for Minnesota, they need to be able to rely on a veteran point guard to keep them competitive, and while Brandon has the skills he doesn't seem to have the healthy physique anymore. Stoudamire was at his best a few years ago in Toronto where he was allowed to control the ball, penetrate and create, and I think a renaissance is possible for him on another team that needs more out of its point guard. Jackson hasn't panned out for the 'Wolves, and their power rotation is iffy enought that they could afford to give Randolph more of a chance to develop than he'll get in Portland.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.