Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this rumor on another site, and honestly it is one of my favorite option to trade Sheed right now...

Rasheed Wallace for Larry Hughes, Jared Jefferies, Brevin Knight and Christian Lattner

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
To be honest, I don't really like Larry Hughes all that much. He's fairly inconsistent at both PG and SG spots and JJ is not very high on my list either. Knight is a poor man's Stoudamire and Christian is heading down the same road with Dale Davis riding shotgun. I don't hate this so called rumor but there isn't one piece in that deal that screams out at me. Maybe sub in Kwame for Laettner and we'd throw in some scrubs.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
There's no one I want from Washington other than Gilbert Arenas. Hey we traded a star point guard to Washington to get Wallace...how about trading him back to Washington for a star point guard in Arenas? ;)

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
If they throw in their first rounder, any deal they can package becomes worth considering. Especially if we can use draft picks as bait for someone like McGrady and still keep one or two good ones.

Dan

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
I read this rumor on another site, and honestly it is one of my favorite option to trade Sheed right now...

Rasheed Wallace for Larry Hughes, Jared Jefferies, Brevin Knight and Christian Lattner
:eek: Please be joking!

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dkap</b>!
If they throw in their first rounder, any deal they can package becomes worth considering. Especially if we can use draft picks as bait for someone like McGrady and still keep one or two good ones.

Dan
It would take Brown + their 1st rounder in 04 for me to give up Sheed.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I'm not a huge Larry Hughes fan, but he's been pretty darn good the last year and a half, and he's still pretty young (25 later this month) and pretty cheap ($5m this year, $5.5m next year).

Jefferies is still only 22 and might be able to play on the same front line as ZR (although they both have difficulty guarding anything that moves).

Knight's an expiring contract and Laettner's got one more year left (meaning he'd be coming off for the summer of 2005 when we should have room to make a run at a big FA).

Not a great deal, but certainly better than the NY "rumors" we've been subjected to the last few weeks. If the Wizards s

Ed O.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts