Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want this thread to turn into another jwill/jcraw topic but there is no doubt this is one of if not the biggest position battles in franchise history- at least it has had the most publicity- my question is to the bulls fans who know more about bulls past what were some other big battles between players for starting positions?

Vs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Truthfully and IMHO, the issue of who starts is nothing more than sauce for the goose. Cartwright is more concerned about puting effective combinations on the floor, and sometimes that has very little to do with who has the best skills.

I can't wait to see members of our second squad in action against the other team's backups and key players. Imagine what Crawford should do to Shamond Williams...and what about Robinson with a fresh pair of legs and his 6'9" frame stepping out to defend Pierce who's been trying to shake Hassell during the first quarter. As for Donyell, unless Walker plans on playing 48 minutes, the Celts have no answer for DM.

Depth! We've finally got some depth. From my perspective there's no talent drop off when members of the second unit take the floor...same level of talent, just a different kind of talent. That's exciting, especially after watching our coaches have to turn to rookies and CBA players on the Bulls bench when substitutions need to be made. We've got starter quality players coming off the bench! Be grateful...I am!

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I agree that it is the number of minutes that counts but management has put a premium on who starts by declaring starters who have the job to lose. They could have just said that it doesn't matter who eventually starts, but they chose a different path, leaving the team where it is now, with guys probably upset at not starting.

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BCH</b>!
I agree that it is the number of minutes that counts but management has put a premium on who starts by declaring starters who have the job to lose. They could have just said that it doesn't matter who eventually starts, but they chose a different path, leaving the team where it is now, with guys probably upset at not starting.
BCH, let it go already... it was one comment, and there is absolutely zero evidence that is it causing the least bit of a problem with the players.

HJHJR, I agree that depth is perhaps the Bulls greatest strength heading into this season, and I will be very disappointed if they are not able to take advantage of it. There is absolutely no excuse for any player not playing balls-out for every second he is on the floor, because no player should have to play more than 35 mpg (and most will play less than that). I, too, am looking forward to the Bulls second unit against the Celtics second unit (or winded first unit).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts