Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, it's always been about the player's natural position. To say that Kirk Hinrich is the top SG in the country is very shortsighted, even though he is playing SG this year. He's good because of his PG skills. I would rather see a listing of players at the positions they play the best. Another way to look at this is ask where a player would play on the average team? Hinrich would play PG on the vast majority of NCAA teams this year. Hinrich is definitely a PG on my list.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I totally agree. He is playing the 2 spot this year, and played majority the 3 last season, but he has the point guard mentality. In KU's offense last year, and this upcoming year is based on a multi-point guard lineup.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree that Hinrich is a point guard but dont you think when you're ranking him by position, you should rank him by the postition in which he will be playing the majority of the time at? Thats just the way I feel about it. I rank players by the position's in which they play. That's the way its always been done.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ihatespn</b>!
That's the way its always been done.
I seen many lists, and they have Hinrich on the point guard list even though he will get his reps at the shooting guard.

In Kansas's offense, there is a 2 PG offense. When the game counts and on the line, I think you will see Hinrich as the point guard.

I respect your opinon, and you bring valid points, but I don't agree ith you on the Hinrich list topic.

Ok now lets have this debate over with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts