18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portland Trades:
Bonzi Wells
Dale Davis

Philly Trades:
Speedy Claxton
Dikembe Mutombo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portland Trades:
Damon Stoudamire
Steve Kerr
Ruben Patterson

New York Trades:
Latrell Sprewell
Howard Eisley
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portland Lineup:
C: Mutombo
PF:Wallace
SF:pippen
SG:Latrell Sprewell
PG:Speedy Claxton

Portland gets a great scorer who get drive the lane and hit the outside shot in Sprewell. They get an upcoming star in Claxton. Claxton started the first 10 games for Philly, before Iverson came back, but he averaged 20ppg. They can match up better with the big centers and forwards in the Western Conference with Mutombo, and they have a good PG off of the bench in Eisley. Not to mention, they can rid themselves of Stoudamire's hefty contract.

Philly gets another scorer in Wells, he can play the SF, while Iverson and Snow play the guards. Iverson finally won't have to take on the whole scoring load. They get a younger and more athletic center in Dale Davis, he isn't nearly as big as Dikembe, but he makes up for it with his effort. Philly already have AI and Snow, so it's clear that Claxton isn't going to get the playing time that he deserves, unless someone gets injured.

New York finally gets a good PG with Stoudamire, and they're already way over the cap, so why not take on his contract? They can get rid of Eisley, who they weren't playing anyway. With Sprewell gone, it allows Houston to take more shots. Patterson gives them energy in the starting lineup, and it always quick to the loose balls.

Philly Lineup:
C: Dale Davis
PF:Coleman
SF:Wells
SG:AI
PG:Snow

New York Lineup:
C:Camby
PF:Wilcox (7th pick in the draft)
SF:patterson
SG:Houston
PG:Stoudamire

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Wow look at this thread!!! Its fun to reminisce (that word doesn't look spelled right but there is no underlined red mark so it MUST be right!!!!)

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
I guess Motumbo could hold down the center position until we draft Greg Oden in 2006 when he finishes high school, but I'm not sure they should trade Bonzi. He's a fan favorite here, and really puts butts in the seats.

barfo

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
barfo said:
I guess Motumbo could hold down the center position until we draft Greg Oden in 2006 when he finishes high school, but I'm not sure they should trade Bonzi. He's a fan favorite here, and really puts butts in the seats.

barfo
Let's not forget that Latrell Sprewell is going to need to feed his children and Paul Allen can help with that while Sprewell is in theropy for his coach choking fetish. :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts