Chris Mihm
Trajan Langdon

Cavaliers get:

Chris Wilcox
1st round pick from Clipps
Eric Snow
Matt Harpring
Raja Bell

One of my friends came up with that, it looks good to me, except for the lack of PGs for the sixers after the tade.

·
Registered
146 Posts
you must be a clips fan..cause no way cavs do that...they dont want harping,bell and only like wilcox,snow,1st round pick and that isnt enough to get dre,davis,mihm,langdon...that is so funny...

·
Registered
872 Posts
i dont think cavs are going to trade ricky davis, and i dont think they want veteran eric snow with his big contract

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Yep, the Cavs get absolutely screwed in this deal. Remember, it's the Clippers that are in a position where they need to make a trade. They don't have any leverage.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Get rid of the Sixers

The Clips and Cavs should trade with eachother and leave the sixers alone.

Cavs get:

Corey Maggette
Chris Wilcox
Keyon Dooling
and a Future 1st round pick (next year)

Clips get:

Andre Miller
And any other small amounts of garbage we must take

This trade fairs better for both teams. The Cavs want next years #1 because of the whole Lebaron deal, they get a great big man (wilcox), an explosive wing (maggette), and a point guard with loads of potential (Keyon Dooling).

The Clips get the point guard they so despratly need.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
LOL. It's either Odom or Miles or nothing. The Cavs said no to that trade before the draft, so why would they say yes now? The Clippers are the ones who need to make a trade. Their roster is just a hodgepodge of players mostly playing in the same positions, with no PG.....

The Cavs can afford to wait for a good deal to come and they don't need any more picks because James is going #1 and no one is going to trade the next big star....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Cleveland Browns
you must be a clips fan..cause no way cavs do that...they dont want harping,bell and only like wilcox,snow,1st round pick and that isnt enough to get dre,davis,mihm,langdon...that is so funny...
lol, yes he is a huge clipper fan

What would you think of the trade minus ricky davis? It looks better to me that way, but i still think the sixers would get screwed at the point.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by KC
LOL. It's either Odom or Miles or nothing. The Cavs said no to that trade before the draft, so why would they say yes now? The Clippers are the ones who need to make a trade. Their roster is just a hodgepodge of players mostly playing in the same positions, with no PG.....

The Cavs can afford to wait for a good deal to come and they don't need any more picks because James is going #1 and no one is going to trade the next big star....
Actually, the Cavs need to trade Andre before next season because he sure isn't re-signing with them. They are trying to find a way to get something in return for Andre, instead of watching him just walk out at the end of the year.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Yeah, and the Clippers need to make a trade before the season starts. Plus, the Cavs could get more than that pathetic offer you proposed. There is a reason they turned it down.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by KC
Yeah, and the Clippers need to make a trade before the season starts. Plus, the Cavs could get more than that pathetic offer you proposed. There is a reason they turned it down.
hey hey, simma down now, that wasn't even my idea!

And they definitly need to trade Miller while he can still get them something, so in the end they might end up making a trade like that, as long as its better then losing him for nothing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by KC
Name a trade for Andre Miller that is actually being consitered that brings the Cavs more than this one.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
They obviously think they can get more because they turned that trade down. I can't name a trade because I am not a member of the Cavs organization, so I can't even begin to make assumptions on what they might be able to get.......

·
Registered
206 Posts
There aren't any other good trades for him out there, that is why you can't name one. Other trades that have been considered are Mike Miller and Darell Armstrong for Miller which is terrible, and the only other team showing intrest in him is New York, who only has over rated players with huge contracts to trade. The Clippers are the best trading partner the Cavs have out there. Would the trade help the Clippers instantly? Yes. Will the trade help put the Cavs in the Lebaron hunt? Yes. Will Chris Wilcox some day be a great big man? Yes. Is this a good way for the Cavs to get something in return for their best player before he walks out and they are left with nothing? Yes.

·
Registered
290 Posts
There was a good deal...

Cavs get:
Odom, 8, 12

Clips get:
Miller

Except LA decided to take Wilcox instead of Caron Butler at 8. At 12 the Cavs would've taken a PF, either Haislip or Ely. The Cavs line-up of the future would look something like this:
1 - Wagner
2 - Butler
3 - Odom
4 - Ely/Haislip
5 - Diop/Illgauskas

·
Registered
983 Posts
Originally posted by KC
Yep, the Cavs get absolutely screwed in this deal. Remember, it's the Clippers that are in a position where they need to make a trade. They don't have any leverage.
Think again.

It's the exact opposite.

CLEVELAND is the one that MUST make a trade.

The Clippers are perfectly fine not making a move. They have 2 extremely talented young PG's. They could easily just go with those guys this year.

The Cavs on the other hand suck with or without Miller. But, they've gone out and criticized him and then they say they won't pay him the MAX. Miller will not re-sign there. They have to move him if they want anything for him.

The Cavs are the ones with no leverage. They are the ones that must make a move. Not the Clippers. The Clips dont have to do anything. The ball is in their court. If they dont get a fantastic deal, they can turn it down(and they have already) and just go with what they already have.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Re: There was a good deal...

Originally posted by Wagner2
Cavs get:
Odom, 8, 12

Clips get:
Miller
the clippers already refused Odom and 8 for Miller, so there's no way they would give up both picks.

The Cavs aren't going to get Odom or Miles for Miller.

If they don't accept a package of Maggette, Wilcox, Dooling(or Jaric), and a draft pick, then they won't get a deal done with the Clippers. It's as simple as that. the clips have refused everything else. The Clips don't have to make a move, Cleveland does.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Yeah, but the Clips need a veteran PG, not two young guys. Unless they are fine with not making the playoffs again....

·
Registered
983 Posts
Originally posted by KC
Yeah, but the Clips need a veteran PG, not two young guys. Unless they are fine with not making the playoffs again....
No, they don't need anything.

They can make the playoffs with a young PG. Why? Because that PG isn't going to be the one making decisions. Odom has been the primary ball handler in there when he's playing(which he obviously will next year). That means there isn't as much pressure on the PG.

The Clippers just missed out on the playoffs last year without Lamar Odom. As long as he's back, they have a fantastic shot at the playoffs, no matter who they have at the point spot. Dooling and Jaric instantly are no worse than Jeff McInnis. He was a horrible distributor and defender and did not like to run(which obviously the Clips need to do to win). Dooling and Jaric are both better in those aspects than McInnis, therefore, they can't be worse. They may not necessarily end up with better play at the PG spot, but I can guarantee it can't get any worse than McInnis because he was very poor at holding PG duties(distibuting to others, pushing the ball, etc).

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Dooling and Jaric don't have experience. It is not a matter of talent. The Clippers need a PG....

·
Registered
983 Posts
Experience doesn't get you in the playoffs. The Clips had zero experience last year and just missed the playoffs, without their best player.

As long as they have Odom back, they should be expected to make the playoffs(and Ill make the guarantee that they do).

Where the experience helps is IN the playoffs. But, no matter who they get, the team is not ready to conted for a title. Even if they get a vet, their core of Brand/Odom/Kandi will still have no experience. Until THEY get experience, the team won't contend for a title, but they will be able to make the playoffs. But each time they do make it, they are adding their own experience, and thats what matters. And by the time they are ready to contend, Jaric/Dooling will have experience.

And of course, it doesn't matter since they won't be PG's in the true sense of the position. Odom handles most responsibilities on the offensive end, so their inexeperience isn't a big deal. It's kind of like Richard Jefferson for NJ last year. He played a big role on the team, but it was in a way of things without having the ball(energy, defense, etc). Thats the type of role they would have. A semi important role, but not important in terms of making decisions with the ball on offense. I know they play different positions, but Dooling/Jaric would not be your true PG cuz they wouldnt be handling the ball as much as Odom would, which puts them on the wing, like Jefferson.

And I'll throw one piece of info out there that throws all of this so crap - Tony Parker made SA a better team and got them into the playoffs(I know they made it the year before as well, just saying he was the leader - the PG and primary ball handler - and they still had a great record). He was a teenage rookie. Dooling has 2 years of NBA playing experience, and Jaric has international championship experience and is 23. He was a young, inexperienced PG and he got his team in the playoffs. There is no reason to think it can't happen with the Clips and their youngsters.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts