Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there aren't enough trading threads already so I created another one. :biggrin:
What are some possible non-KG trades the Nets could make this season?

I came up with a trade between NJ/Charlotte/GS

NETS
lose Carter, Planinic, Cliff
gain Okafor, Ely, Fisher

BOBCATS
lose Okafor, Brezec, Ely
gain Carter, Diogu, Foyle

WARRIORS
lose Foyle, Fisher, Diogu
gain Brezec, Planinic, Cliff

Nets new lineup:
pg-Kidd, McInnis, Vaughn
sg-Fisher, Wright
sf-Jefferson, Murray, Johnson
pf-Okafor, Ely, Padgett
c-Krstic, Jackson, Collins

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ChemicalCutthroat said:
not every GM is rob babcock. bobcats would not even consider that
Sure they would. Who cares if they are losing Okafor, Carter is just as good if not better. Plus Charlotte is getting two other talented former top ten draft picks with Foyle(8), and Diogu(9)

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
They wouldn't want to loose Okafor, who is relatively cheap and is the face of the franchise. In my opinion, the Bobcats shouldn't touch their core of Emeka Okafor, Sean May, Gerald Wallace, and Raymond Felton. With another draft pick, this team will look very good in the future. They don't need Vince as they will not make the playoffs with him. Okafor is better suited in Charlotte than Vince with Charlotte.

·
Nets Fan
10,426 Posts
They have one of the better bigs in the league and hes young to boot, they would be crazy to trade him and they know it.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Charlotte has problems putting fannies in their new arena. Carter will fix that better than Okafor. That would be the only motivation and it's a damn good motivation.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Netted- said:
Charlotte has problems putting fannies in their new arena. Carter will fix that better than Okafor. That would be the only motivation and it's a damn good motivation.
that is the EXACT reason why we will not trade carter.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
iw ould be laughing my *** offf if carter got traded to the Bobcats...have fun in that franchise....hahhahahha that would be great....

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
adhir1 said:
iw ould be laughing my *** offf if carter got traded to the Bobcats...have fun in that franchise....hahhahahha that would be great....
that franchise is heading in the RIGHT direction. The same cannot be said of the Raptors.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Premier said:
They wouldn't want to loose Okafor, who is relatively cheap and is the face of the franchise. In my opinion, the Bobcats shouldn't touch their core of Emeka Okafor, Sean May, Gerald Wallace, and Raymond Felton. With another draft pick, this team will look very good in the future. They don't need Vince as they will not make the playoffs with him. Okafor is better suited in Charlotte than Vince with Charlotte.
maybe wallace is expandable but expecially not okafur or may

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
The funniest thing about that trade scenario is that some people feel Carter is too much to offer for Okafor and others think Okafor is untradeable. Must be an equal trade ;)

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Okafor isn't untradeable, but he shouldn't be traded for a wing player that will not help the Bobcat's future and would only take away from what Bernie Bickerstaff is trying to accomplish with his franchise.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Two trades on a smaller level I would like are Zoran, McInnis, and Padgett for Mike James and Eric Williams. And Mark Jackson, Lamond Murray, and Antoine Wright for PJ Brown. It would hurt the teams depth, but they only need 8 or 9 deep with the big 3.

Kidd, James
Carter, James, Williams
Jefferson, Williams, LJIII
Brown, Robinson, LJIII
Krstic, Collins, Robinson

Pick up a SG and a PF from the NBDL or CBA in case or emergency. Bring back Buford to sit at the end of the bench. I think Casey Jacobsen is out there too.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
NETS
lose Carter, Planinic, Cliff
gain Okafor, Ely, Fisher
To ne honest, I stopped there

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Close thread can?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts