Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying i was the biggest Sheed fan on this board next to Bfan1, but i think there is a big possibility of this Trade turning this team around big time!
Shareef is a great player, but hes always been on the worst teams in the league "grizzlies in vancouver and these Hawks" but now hes coming to a first rate franchise with a winning mentality and atmosphere. This is the oppurtunity hes been waiting for his whole career in the NBA. Theres a big chance hes gonna be pumped to work his *** off for this organization and his positivity and hard work might really push us to that next level. Im definately excited to see how this pans out.
Theo could also really improve our D and possibly give us a lil more offensive punch then DD has been given lately.
Rip City!!:twocents:

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
You're absolutely right. Rahim has been a player in search of the right team. With Portland, I think he's found it. I can't wait to see him and Zach together on the floor. I think Rahim's great character and work ethic is going to rub off on the other players, too. He won't be throwing towels in players' faces, or screaming at the referees, or throwing temper tantrums when things don't go his way. Instead, he'll put his head down, shut his mouth, and work even harder. This will show the other players that you've got to just play hard and let the chips fall where they may.

I am pumped to have this guy in Portland.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
I think that you both hit it on the head when you said "work ethic". :yes:

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I like to dwell on the positives of the new situations. As most of you know, I have liked SAR for many years as a player I admire to watch. What I heard on the radio and read yesterday about him and Theo reinforces that even more. The radio play by play man of the Hawks was really complimentary to both of them. He was optimistic about Dickau as well, but injuries and lack of playing time has hurt his chances.

They simply are classy people, and yet they hustle quite a bit and put forth that extra effort. I have always liked effort players, even if there talent was sub par. For instance I apprecited Dudley,a nd now Stepania, even if they are not the most talented players in the world. They try.

The new players will be in town today and the news conf should be nice. But I am excited to see tomorrows game.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's hard to imagine someone considering coming to our rebuilding shaky Blazers as a big upgrade...but at least we're a .500 team, something he's never been on.

The Hawks GM said last night that he tried to get Rahim to a "championship caliber team" but they had to settle for Portland. What a jerk, Portland will be in the mix in a few more years.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yega1979</b>!
The Hawks GM said last night that he tried to get Rahim to a "championship caliber team" but they had to settle for Portland. What a jerk, Portland will be in the mix in a few more years.
It's pretty doubtful that Portland will be competing for a championship this or next season, and if Nash sticks to his stated plan, most likely SAR's tenure as a Blazer will then be over. So IMO anyway, their GM wasn't being as diplomatic as he might have been, but he was probably being honest.

STOMP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts