Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is, when the Lakers lose Shaq, and the dynasty fades, which team will take its place??

Some people think Chandler and Cury will make the Bulls the next big bang, others think the Kings will have long and consistant success.

What team do you guys think?

My pick is for the Bulls

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Dynasty

If the Lakers get Qyntel Woods, will it really matter if Shaq retires?

But the Bulls could become the next dynasty. But for them to win the first title after the Lakers, they'll need atleast 3 more years. That means that the Lakers could go for a six peat. Whoo Hoo!:D

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Are you saying Qyntel Woods is going to be a star on the same level as Shaq?

Did everyone forget that this kid could possibly be the biggest bust in the draft? Name the last kid to come straight out of JUCO and make a big splash in the NBA....

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
I would say Toronto Raptors, Kings, or Sixers as long as Iverson is heathly.

·
Registered
632 Posts
There is no team that will become a dynasty. There's going to be no repeating champions for the next decade. None of these teams look strong enough to build one worthy of being compared to Jordan's Bulls or the current Lakers.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Oh are you guys talking about a dynasty?
Sorry, I don't think no team will ever be a dynasty.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Lakers

What? Woods won't be great straight away, no matter which team he goes to. But Shaq won't retire straight away either. I meant, when Shaq retires, if the Lakers have Qyntel Woods, the dynasty may not end. Shaq has changed his mind and said that he wants to retire in maybe 6 or 7 years, (I heard it on the SoCal Sports Report and The Best Damn Sports Show Period) in 6 or 7 years, Woods could already be a star, and Kobe MAY already be considered one of the best all time. I said "may" because I don't want to get attacked by all the "Kobe Haters."

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: Lakers

Originally posted by Mr. X
What? Woods won't be great straight away, no matter which team he goes to. But Shaq won't retire straight away either. I meant, when Shaq retires, if the Lakers have Qyntel Woods, the dynasty may not end. Shaq has changed his mind and said that he wants to retire in maybe 6 or 7 years, (I heard it on the SoCal Sports Report and The Best Damn Sports Show Period) in 6 or 7 years, Woods could already be a star, and Kobe MAY already be considered one of the best all time. I said "may" because I don't want to get attacked by all the "Kobe Haters."
MAY? he will. He is a great player. Maybe even the best right now, the only problem I have with him is that he is sometimes hard-headed. Great player though.

Erase that maybe He is the best right now.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by Budweiser_Boy
Kedrick Brown

But there's no way the Lakers could land him. Not a chance. Nobody to offer.

I didn't know that Kedrick Brown made a big splash...? :rolleyes:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Dynasty

The Kings will win 1 or 2 championships, but they'll never be a dynasty. If any team besides the Lakers stars a dynasty I'd like to be the Clippers, Nets, Sixers, Pacers or Hornets. These teams don't complain about the refs, and have a lot of heart.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Seeing the Clippers take over 10 years from now would be cool. Though I'm a Lakers Fan I always liked Indiana also, so years from now they could be a good dynasty. Will Reggie still be there though?

·
Registered
16 Posts
just because teams have young, good players doesn't mean they will become a dynasty. the Clippers and Bulls included. As Tyson and Co becaome older and betetr, they will demand more money, like the Clippers, and thta will make a problem. And if they even get 1 draft bust, it won't work. Or if they make a trade where the people they get are busts, it's over.

The only team possible of having a dynasty is the Grizzlies or the Pacers, TRUST ME.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by Zerto 2000
just because teams have young, good players doesn't mean they will become a dynasty. the Clippers and Bulls included. As Tyson and Co becaome older and betetr, they will demand more money, like the Clippers, and thta will make a problem. And if they even get 1 draft bust, it won't work. Or if they make a trade where the people they get are busts, it's over.

The only team possible of having a dynasty is the Grizzlies or the Pacers, TRUST ME.
I agree, there are not many chances that a young team will become a dynasty. How do people want them to learn from their mistakes? Who will motivate them? Their younger coach?
I am not sure about the Grizzlies, but I think that the Pacers will have a lot of great years, if only R. Miller could motivate that young team, which he can.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by Zerto 2000

The Pacers??? Dynasty??? I can't believe those two words were used in the same sentence. Am I not seeing something that's right in front of my face? Sure, Al Harrington and Bender are going to be good players, and O'Neal's a superstar, but I repeat, dynasty? I really think I'm missing something, but I just can't see Indiana having a dynasty.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
lol, the guy is almost 40 now isn't he? :grinning: Seems like he's been in the league forever. They did almost beat the Nets, though...Maybe...Guess I'm just having a tough time believing it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts