Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe we can all get Pax and Ainge thinking here!!

Welsch, Blount, Mccarty, and Stewart

for

Crawford, Erob, and Fizer


not sure it works, but you get Welsch, we get Crawford, and both teams get to exchange garbage
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
JC/Kirk (ainge chooses)
AD
Chandler
Erob

PP
Baker

We get Pierce and take Baker off your hands. you get 2 young players, JC/Kirk and Chandler and Erob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
JC/Kirk (ainge chooses)
AD
Chandler
Erob

PP
Baker

We get Pierce and take Baker off your hands. you get 2 young players, JC/Kirk and Chandler and Erob.
First off, we may be able to get rid of Baker without trading him.

Secondly, there is no way I would take AD off of Chicago's hands. He is way overpaid for how good he is.

Thirdly, it's nice to have the choice of Kirk/JC, but to get PP the Bulls would proably have to part with Kirk and Curry.

Lastly, along with Pierce, the bulls would have to get McCarty and Stewart.

So:

Kirk
Curry
Erob

for

PP
McCarty
Stewart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,149 Posts
Say we trade:
Chandler, Crawford, ERob, Fizer, C. Blount
And Boston trades:
Pierce, Stewart, McCarty, Jones, M. Blount


OK, I did a bit of checking and if this deal were carried out and coupled with the termination of Vin Baker's contract, the Celtics would have some $16M-$17M in cap room this summer. This would be, among other things, enough to offer Kobe Bryant a maximum deal, or enough to re-sign Crawford and make an above MLE offer to someone like Q Richardson, who Danny Ainge is rumored to really like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
Say we trade:
Chandler, Crawford, ERob, Fizer, C. Blount
And Boston trades:
Pierce, Stewart, McCarty, Jones, M. Blount


OK, I did a bit of checking and if this deal were carried out and coupled with the termination of Vin Baker's contract, the Celtics would have some $16M-$17M in cap room this summer. This would be, among other things, enough to offer Kobe Bryant a maximum deal, or enough to re-sign Crawford and make an above MLE offer to someone like Q Richardson, who Danny Ainge is rumored to really like.
Do any of those Bulls contracts end at the close of this season besides Crawford?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PatBateman</b>!


Do any of those Bulls contracts end at the close of this season besides Crawford?
Yeah... the guys I listed in that post!

Blount and Fizer come off the books.

ERob doesn't, but if he's not included the deal can't be worked under the cap rules. However, the net effect is still- as I said- to give the Celtics $16-17M in room.

For comparison, Kobe will be eligible for a contract of about $14.5M
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Kobe in Celtics Green...
He wouldn't do that just to stick it to the Lakers brass....





Would he?








Oh god... lol. Yeah he would!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!


Yeah... the guys I listed in that post!

Blount and Fizer come off the books.

ERob doesn't, but if he's not included the deal can't be worked under the cap rules. However, the net effect is still- as I said- to give the Celtics $16-17M in room.

For comparison, Kobe will be eligible for a contract of about $14.5M
put it this way. if your deal guaranteed that the C's could sign Kobe, I would do it TOMORROW

picture this:

Crawford/Banks
Davis/Welsch
Kobe/Erob
Chandler/Lafrentz/Hunter
Mihm/Perkins


WOW! Lot of talent there. But the Kobe signing is a HUGE if.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
it seems to me that Kobe would really like to stick to the Lakers this offseason. Going to their long time rival Boston might just be enough to get him excited
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
Jamal
Fizer
Tyson
2004 First Round Pick, top 2 protected (or '05 unprotected)

for

Pierce
Mike James
Jumaine Jones



Chicago trades: SG Jamal Crawford (17.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.4 apg in 34.9 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 13.9 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (10.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.9 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 19.8 minutes)
Chicago receives: PG Mike James (10.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.5 apg in 30.7 minutes)
SF Jumaine Jones (1.9 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 8.7 minutes)
SG Paul Pierce (23.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 38.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -4.6 ppg, -6.2 rpg, and +2.0 apg.

Boston trades: PG Mike James (10.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.5 apg in 30.7 minutes)
SF Jumaine Jones (1.9 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 8.7 minutes)
SG Paul Pierce (23.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 38.4 minutes)
Boston receives: SG Jamal Crawford (17.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.4 apg in 49 games)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 30 games)
PF Tyson Chandler (10.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 14 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 41 games)
Change in team outlook: +4.6 ppg, +6.2 rpg, and -2.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago and Boston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and Boston had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out unless trade exceptions were used for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You have been assigned Trade ID number 1480801
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PatBateman</b>!


First off, we may be able to get rid of Baker without trading him.

Secondly, there is no way I would take AD off of Chicago's hands. He is way overpaid for how good he is.

Thirdly, it's nice to have the choice of Kirk/JC, but to get PP the Bulls would proably have to part with Kirk and Curry.

Lastly, along with Pierce, the bulls would have to get McCarty and Stewart.

So:

Kirk
Curry
Erob

for

PP
McCarty
Stewart
If I were GM of the Bulls, I'd be all over this deal.

But the real GM of the Bulls would make this deal, then trade PP to someone like the Raptors for some 35+ year-old player signed until 2040 and/or some offensively challenged guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
3 TEAM DEAL THAT WORKS CAP WISE if the Celts are able to void Bakers last 2 years


Chicago trades:

PF Corie Blount
PG Kirk Hinrich
PF Marcus Fizer
PF Tyson Chandler

To the celtics for

SG Paul Pierce
PG Marcus Banks


Celtics trade :

Lafrentz
Kendrick Perkins
2004 #1

to the sonics for

Jerome James
Radmonovic
Frahm



Bulls:

Curry
Ad/Jyd
Erob/Dupree
Pierce/Gill
Crawford/banks

(we still have our lottery pick this year )


Celtics

Blount(mark)
Tyson
Radmonovic/welsh
Ricky Davis/Frahm
Kirk/Mike James

(they would be looking at cap space the summer of 2005 when a few heavy hitters hit fa)

Sonics:

potepenko(until Collison comes back then Lafrentz moves here )
Lafrentz
Lewis
Allen/Murray
Daniels/Ridnour

(this summer they have lottery picks )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,076 Posts
Just the thought of Pierce on the Bulls makes me drool.

Kirk/Tyson/JYD for Pierce/Jumanna
Kirk/Tyson/eRob for Pierce/Jumanna

BULLS:
Jamal/Pierce/Jumaine/AD/Curry + MLE + draft pick
(Jamal and Pierce in the backcourt is scary, Curry still mans the middle of a deadly inside out combo)

CELTICS:
Kirk/RDavis/Welsch/Chandler/Blount
(pending Vin's contract, Celts would have 12-14M to play w/ in free agency) Kirk/Chandler/Welsh nice foundation to build around

Its not gonna happen, but please allow me to enjoy this moment in fantasy land :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PatBateman</b>!


put it this way. if your deal guaranteed that the C's could sign Kobe, I would do it TOMORROW

picture this:

Crawford/Banks
Davis/Welsch
Kobe/Erob
Chandler/Lafrentz/Hunter
Mihm/Perkins


WOW! Lot of talent there. But the Kobe signing is a HUGE if.
The Celts with Kobe. Now THAT would be awesome!

As a Chicago fan, I always find myself cheering for Boston, probably because of the Cubs/Red Sox connection. Kobe on the Celts would be great for the league. I don't mind nabbing Pierce either!
 

·
The Snake
Joined
·
6,527 Posts
The only players I wouldn't trade for Pierce are Hinrich and Chandler. You want Crawford, Curry, E-Rob, AD, JYD, 1st Round Pick, Gill, Blount, Bill Wennington, B.J. Armstrong, Stacey King, and Norm Van Lier for Pierce and Jumaine Jones. Sure we'll do it.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top