Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious stuff here. Here is the link : http://cbs.sportsline.com/messages/message/8305808/1111289171-stubby4444

Mar 19, 10:26 pm
From an insider-

The success of UVM has nothing to do with Brennan. Associate head coach Jesse Agel does all the recruiting and actual coaching. Brennan is simply a figurehehead. Truth be told he is probably the most succesful carpetbagger in D-1 sports.

On any given night that is not an away game you can find Brennan drinking for free at the Rusty Scuffer on Church Street in Burlington, hittting on anything female and snorting up lines.

FYI Sorentine never hurt his hamstring causing him to miss the second half of senior night and Coppenrath didn't have the late season "flu". Both opted out of the last regular season game against Maine because TB went to bat for the guy from Maryland and trashed Agel. Fact is both almost did not even dress for senior night due to TB's crap. Agel convinced them to play for the fans. TB went to the other senior starting gaurd, Hehn, and asked him to go to the AD and plug the MD coach, which he did. He is currently alone among his teammates. As a Frosh, Sorentine was given the personal phone # for the Vice President of UVM in case he ever had any questions, concerns or problems - he used it once, as a fifth year senior at 3am upon arriving home from an away game at Albany and being told who had been selected as the head coach. He met with the AD and VP at 7am that morning to endorse Agel and ask what the hell they were thinking and let them know how out of touch they were with the program. Their response was this: "TB says he's not the right fit and just so you know TJ, we're turning over the coaches in all sports. Fogel feels that the best fundraising comes from flashy resumes." (Check out othe UVM sports) So a 19 year assistant coach who Brennan himself refers to as the "coaching wizard" gets flushed - while he's on the road recruiting no less.

Moral of the story: if you're a cats fan celabrate the players,nt TB. Don't worry about TB he'll make sure he's taken care of Just ask miss Lynnie. By the way Corm, you're screwed come August.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I don't buy that all....way to Oliver Stone-ish for me. Does anyone really think that TJ or TC would purposely sit out a game? That is a joke.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Despite what the UVM faithful may think. I didn't post this elsewhere. ;)

Now, as for the "snorting lines bit" - that's WAY OVERBOARD, way overboard. I've known Dr. Ego since the Yale days and NO ONE has EVER accused the man of partaking in illegal substances. That's just simply crazy, and to even insinuate such habits is irresponsible.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
basketballman123 said:
Serious stuff here. Here is the link : http://cbs.sportsline.com/messages/message/8305808/1111289171-stubby4444

Mar 19, 10:26 pm
From an insider-

The success of UVM has nothing to do with Brennan. Associate head coach Jesse Agel does all the recruiting and actual coaching. Brennan is simply a figurehehead. Truth be told he is probably the most succesful carpetbagger in D-1 sports.

On any given night that is not an away game you can find Brennan drinking for free at the Rusty Scuffer on Church Street in Burlington, hittting on anything female and snorting up lines.

FYI Sorentine never hurt his hamstring causing him to miss the second half of senior night and Coppenrath didn't have the late season "flu". Both opted out of the last regular season game against Maine because TB went to bat for the guy from Maryland and trashed Agel. Fact is both almost did not even dress for senior night due to TB's crap. Agel convinced them to play for the fans. TB went to the other senior starting gaurd, Hehn, and asked him to go to the AD and plug the MD coach, which he did. He is currently alone among his teammates. As a Frosh, Sorentine was given the personal phone # for the Vice President of UVM in case he ever had any questions, concerns or problems - he used it once, as a fifth year senior at 3am upon arriving home from an away game at Albany and being told who had been selected as the head coach. He met with the AD and VP at 7am that morning to endorse Agel and ask what the hell they were thinking and let them know how out of touch they were with the program. Their response was this: "TB says he's not the right fit and just so you know TJ, we're turning over the coaches in all sports. Fogel feels that the best fundraising comes from flashy resumes." (Check out othe UVM sports) So a 19 year assistant coach who Brennan himself refers to as the "coaching wizard" gets flushed - while he's on the road recruiting no less.

Moral of the story: if you're a cats fan celabrate the players,nt TB. Don't worry about TB he'll make sure he's taken care of Just ask miss Lynnie. By the way Corm, you're screwed come August.

A bunch of BS.

Agel got screwed, yes, was that the story, no.

·
Registered
178 Posts
For every example of why the internet and boards like this are a good source for information, you have a negative example of something such as this to show why these boards are ridiculous. Its just a matter of sifting through the inane to get to the stuff that matters.

**As an aside to this, where this chat room stuff is getting ridiculous is at the high school level. I know in NJ where I work, the Star Ledger sponsored website has a whole chat room for every high school sport. The stuff that is posted on there is atrocious. But the problem is parents and administrators get on there and use the mindless chatter to effect their judgement. I am curious if this is the case in any of the spots you all are from.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just can't believe that story is true! Has anyone else heard or witnessed any of this story to have any bit of truth to it???

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Nobody should ever take what they read on the espn and cbs boards seriously, they are just a bunch of trolls who will post something like that because all the topics there are mindless and meaningless. I'd like to think because our fourm keeps up good, intelligent, and for the most part respectable conversation, trolls like that do not frequent these parts...read those boards and the rivals.com team boards (big conference team fourms especially) and you will know what I mean. Just totally ridiculous.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The players wouldn't sit out a game in protest and not say anything to the media about it. If there was already as much internal team strife as this guy suggests, going public with a protest wouldn't harm team unity any further.

This is like swiss cheese info. It has a ton of holes in it.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Not real at all, whoever claimed Hehn went to bat for him and is now alone on the team is just making sh*t up. I talked with all the UVM guys during the AE tourney and stayed on the same floor as all of them. If anything Hehn was one of the guys that everyone else was around, very popular. That post is absolute crap.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'd say as a general rule though the America East Forum has pretty decent posters compared to a lot of the other forums on here and especially compared with other boards.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Old_Cat_Fan said:
As an aside, I have always thought that if everybody used their real name, instead of being hidden behind a nickname, there would be a lot more serious and responsible postings.
I don't know about the rest of you........but Put in Rickard is on my birth certificate.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
The post was crap and here's how I know- Brennan doesn't snort coke. He huffs gasoline. Sometimes after games I see him at the pumps at the Shelburne Road Texaco.

·
The Invisible Iron Fist
1,253 Posts
Put In Rickard said:
I don't know about the rest of you........but Put in Rickard is on my birth certificate.
:rotf:

Seth is on my birth certificate...
but so is a bunch of other stuff ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts