Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

....Wallace didn't seem too worried about a trade Monday night after the Nuggets' 116-97 victory over the Blazers at the Pepsi Center.

"I'm not thinking about that (expletive deleted) at all," said Wallace, who is making $17 million in the final year of his contract. "It's just another day on the calendar. That (expletive deleted) doesn't matter to me. We will see at the end of the day."

"It all depends on whether the situation is good for me and my family," Wallace said.

When asked if he was impressed with Denver's roster, Wallace said: "Not really. Melo's' good. He's cool. But no one cat really impressed me where I was like, 'That (player) was cold.' Nobody on that squad impressed me like that."
and.....

....according to Portland coach Maurice Cheeks, Wallace is overcoming many of his problems. Combine that with the fact that he is one of the NBA's most talented players, and several teammates said they loved his play and him as a person.
:clap:

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
yeah I saw that this morning and was refraining from posting this...

I am glad he is not worrying about it, but he could have chose better words IMHO. He and Shaq are giving the media fuel to live by...

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!

.....he could have chose better words IMHO. He and Shaq are giving the media fuel to live by...
:laugh:

Makes one wonder if he should revert back to "both tams played hard....."

Hmmmm....well, on second thought, apart form the expletives, at least he's relating pertinent thoughts and opinions.... :p

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>NateBishop3</b>!
Too bad the team that doesn't impress Sheed just kicked our butts.
With all due respect, Nate, we kicked our own butts.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
"several teammates said they loved his play and him as a person."
So what? Lots of people love Michael Jackson and think he's a great role model for children, and they're all idiots. There's a lot of boneheads on the Blazers. They probably liked Bonzi, too. The fact that they like Wallace isn't terribly impressive.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

they seem to be doing that a lot this season..haven't they?

IMO, one word only: (lack of ) F-O-C-U-S.

Fault? You name it.

Cure?

1) Trading deadline?

2) Next season?

3) ???????

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Rasheed wasn't impressed by Denver

That is laughable..
They beat the tar out of the Blazers in every way possible.
Well Rasheed..
what exactly does impress you??
It surely was not your pathetic performance last night.

What made it really pathetic was your terific play couple nights ago.

Gosh it is a shame you have to work so hard and don't have the energy.
Maybe you could work on your body a bit??
Or learn from the Nugget players.??

They put your entire team to shame last night.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
What's he supposed to say...

"Yeah, they're better than us, we suck. I hate it here. I want to play for Denver."

Give the guy a break. There's nothing he can say that you guys won't trash - get over yourselves...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Talkhard</b>!
So what? Lots of people love Michael Jackson and think he's a great role model for children, and they're all idiots. There's a lot of boneheads on the Blazers. They probably liked Bonzi, too. The fact that they like Wallace isn't terribly impressive.
Players around the league, teammates of Sheed, coaches, and so on have always liked Sheed. That is nothing new here. Comparing him to Michael Jackson is a joke at best. Get real.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Re: Rasheed wasn't impressed by Denver

Originally posted by <b>jackiejackal</b>!
That is laughable..
They beat the tar out of the Blazers in every way possible.
Well Rasheed..
what exactly does impress you??
It surely was not your pathetic performance last night.

What made it really pathetic was your terific play couple nights ago.

Gosh it is a shame you have to work so hard and don't have the energy.
Maybe you could work on your body a bit??
Or learn from the Nugget players.??

They put your entire team to shame last night.
I'm not sure what is so laughable about what Sheed said. Melo is basically the Nuggets. Portland had a bad night...period. Sheed is not the only one responsible for the loss. And the Nuggets didn't beat the tar out of the Blazers...what game did you watch? Portland primarily beat themselves with sloppy play and turnovers.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
oh..i see

Scoring at will and EVERYBODY scoring at will
against the team is nothing special then??
Note..
I said entire team

ENTIRE TEAM !

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Re: oh..i see

Originally posted by <b>jackiejackal</b>!
Scoring at will and EVERYBODY scoring at will
against the team is nothing special then??
Note..
I said entire team

ENTIRE TEAM !
It's one game...get over it. The Blazers had a bad game. Melo had a career game. I wonder how close the game would have been if he was around his season average? He was the only one scoring at will on anyone.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Once again, Wallace proves he's a total jerk. If anybody else (i.e., anybody with any sense of modesty, fairness, and class) would have been asked their opinion of the team that just beat them handily, they might have said the following:

"Yes, I'm very impressed. Denver is a young and up-and-coming team."

"Yes, the whole team impressed me. They play together, and they play hard."

"Yes, this team is much better than last year. Their players seem to like each other and commicate well on the court."

But of course nothing close to that came out Wallace's mouth. He gave only faint praise to Carmelo Anthony and then trashed the rest of the team (even though, as JJ points out, they had just beaten Portland handily). This isn't just poor sportsmanship, it's a lack of courtesy and respect on Wallace's part. He thinks much more of himself than he does anyone else.

He's a loser and always will be.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If Wallace Wasn't Such A Pinhead...

...it wouldn't have hurt him to give the rookie his due, when Melo went off for a career high against Wallace and his teammates. Carmelo is a stud, and Wallace basically chumped him off.

Go Blazers

·
Registered
66 Posts
this is pathetic

Who the hell cares if he said no one impressed him. Where are the days of rivalries in sports and not liking the other team. I am glad he said it. All the Sheed haters come out of the woods when he says something or doesnt score 25 points, but when he saves us you go into hiding. Get a grip..

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
"Who the hell cares if he said no one impressed him?"
Apparently quite a few of us.

"Where are the days of rivalries in sports . . . "
Rivalries are one thing. Boorish behavior is another.

" . . . and not liking the other team?"
What reason does Wallace have for not liking Denver? They've been a doormat in the league for years. It's not like Portland and Denver are bringing back memories of the Lakers and the Celtics. And even in that rivarly, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson were much more respectful of the other team than Wallace appears to be.

"All the Sheed haters come out of the woods when he says something or doesnt score 25 points."
Yes, and all the Sheed lovers bend over backwards excusing his wretched behavior, or say that he didn't score much because no one would throw him the ball. We know how that works.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Re: this is pathetic

Originally posted by <b>marshall</b>!
Who the hell cares if he said no one impressed him. Where are the days of rivalries in sports and not liking the other team. I am glad he said it. All the Sheed haters come out of the woods when he says something or doesnt score 25 points, but when he saves us you go into hiding. Get a grip..
I agree 100%. I'm getting tired the same people. They moan and groan about this and that. Sheed this or Sheed that. Nobody is excusing what Sheed said...or defending it. Some of you read far too much into things. It's a joke to critique every word that comes out of Sheed's mouth. Get over it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts