Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought, but none of the "good" teams, and by good I mean teams who were thought to be in contention for the league title, have played up to there potential this year at all. BU, after a terrific game versus duke, has been bad. They have far to much talent to be playing the way they have so far... Albany has been abysmal compared to what they should have been. They were suppossed to blow everyone in the league out of the water, and tey lost to Sacred Heart and got absolutally blown out by San Diego State (yes, San Diego state has a good program, but if Albany was to live up to their billing they'd at least keep it close)... Maine, I can't even get into maine... the only teams who have gone beyond its potential so to speak would be UNH and UMBC... That is not to say these teams will continue to play like this, but for the sake of the conference they have to step it up soon...

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
ginzo said:
Just a thought, but none of the "good" teams, and by good I mean teams who were thought to be in contention for the league title, have played up to there potential this year at all. BU, after a terrific game versus duke, has been bad. They have far to much talent to be playing the way they have so far... Albany has been abysmal compared to what they should have been. They were suppossed to blow everyone in the league out of the water, and tey lost to Sacred Heart and got absolutally blown out by San Diego State (yes, San Diego state has a good program, but if Albany was to live up to their billing they'd at least keep it close)... Maine, I can't even get into maine... the only teams who have gone beyond its potential so to speak would be UNH and UMBC... That is not to say these teams will continue to play like this, but for the sake of the conference they have to step it up soon...
Agreed. This league is completely up in the air. We will not have an idea of who the leading teams are until mid-January. Anyone could win this thing, as I see none of the early season favorites asserting themselves early.

·
Premium Member
33,319 Posts
In all fairness to Albany, SDSU has a very good basketball team. Slaughter is a NBA prospect, and Heath is a great player as well.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
UVM Hoop Cat said:
In all fairness to Albany, SDSU has a very good basketball team. Slaughter is a NBA prospect, and Heath is a great player as well.
Agreed, but you would like to think that the team picked to win the AE would at least make it reasonably competitive. It sounds like it never was close after the first five minutes. But that is just based on the box score, any comments from Albany fans?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Amazingly, Zollner played 35 min. vs SDSU, 13 pts, 10 RB.

Brent Wilson has a 'jammed jaw' after taking an elbow vs. Sacred Heart, hasn't had solid food for a week. Played 24 min but other than a couple threes he wasn't effective

Lucious Jordan has been nowhere, 4 ppg while averaging 26 min. Had a high ankle sprain going into the season, but I would have hoped it'd be getting better by now. 0 pts. vs SDSU

Lillis didn't play last night after six minutes vs SHU

Jamar Wilson, making bad passes, only 8 pts. vs. SDSU (3-14). Hip flexor hurt vs. Florida

Albany's 1-3, nobody expected better than 2-2 at this point. I just hope they start playing better before the conf. season. Not much good to say about last night

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UVM Hoop Cat said:
As stated by hoopcat, Albany has to do better and make it close. For the past 4 years the premeier teams from the AE have stayed in these kinds of games, and even won a couple, but at least made them very competative. Albany was these years last hope of remaining like that, at least on paper. And the way all the albany fans were talking them up from the end of last year on, I was expecting a lot better... I hope they turn it around soon... or at least bring it versus Brown when I get my first view of them...

·
Premium Member
33,319 Posts
No doubt 27 points is a huge margin of victory. That is getting thumped in my opinion.

I was just pointing out SDSU has at least one pro-prospect on their team, and that they are a decent club.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts