Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/08/sports/basketball/08NETS.html

wow...after reading that article on planinic, i'm even happier byron is gone. i can't believe how stupid scott was. he's not playing a talented backup to kidd because scott's too stubborn to call the plays himself. thank god he's gone and frank is giving zp confidence to go out and play

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Not very nurturing of Scott, was it?

Strict expectations for a rookie to adjust to the NBA isn't wrong in itself. My biggest problem with Scott's lack of patience and creativity in developing Planinic is that he didn't have a better, alternate option to back up the point. Neither Overton nor Pack was the answer, nor were they even used to rest Kidd. Using Harris takes Lu out of his game as the back-up SG AND he's poor as a back-up PG.

Blocking the development of the rookie PG, over-playing Kidd, taking Lu out of his game while leaving his team without an effective back-up PG - Scott pretty much screwed up that decision.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
remember how cruely he treated Kenyon during his rookie year...that was a pretty sad way to treat a guy coming off a devastating injury.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts