Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Someone forget to tell Will Brown that Dr. Ego isn't coaching in the AE any more and he doesn't have to suck up to him to make up for his comments earlier in the season???

:cheers: :clap: :rock:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NU Hoop Fan said:
Someone forget to tell Will Brown that Dr. Ego isn't coaching in the AE any more and he doesn't have to suck up to him to make up for his comments earlier in the season???
I think this is more sucking up to the Vermont fans who he will have to face again.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I'm surprised Will "the prophet" Brown didn't predict BU to win the UVM/Syracuse game.

·
Premium Member
33,496 Posts
Haha. Excellent. They are dead on about coach K and Duke. You think Brennan berates officials? Coach K invented it. He abuses refs and thinks he should get every call. Hate Duke.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
That was hilarious how everybody got pissed at Woody for going back to talk more about Vermont. I guess because Katz jumped ship on us(he hasnt mentioned us in a week! What gives!?! ;) ) , Woody has to be our new butt-boy.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Barkely gives Coppenrath some love on PTI as well. Says he "plays big." He mentioned Bird but added he wasn't going to be as good.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
from: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=uwire-kansanbreaksdownfirstround&prov=uwire&type=lgns

No. 4 Syracuse (27-6) vs. No. 13 Vermont (24-6)

The Syracuse Orangemen are on a three-game winning streak after winning the Big East Conference Tournament and have national title experience with junior guard Gerry McNamara, who scores 16 points per game, and senior forward Hakim Warrick, who scores 21.4 points per game. Syracuse will face a difficult first round-game against Vermont. The Catamounts are one of the better small schools in the tournament and have the experience of playing at Kansas and North Carolina earlier this year. Coach Tom Brennan also has one of the most versatile inside-outside tandems in the country with senior forward Tyler Coppenrath, 25.7 points a game, and senior guard T.J. Sorrentine, 18.6 points per game.

·
Registered
799 Posts
UVM Hoop Cat said:
Haha. Excellent. They are dead on about coach K and Duke. You think Brennan berates officials? Coach K invented it. He abuses refs and thinks he should get every call. Hate Duke.
Jealous?

And how are they dead on with Redick? That writer is straight up stupid - he is either oblivious to the facts or chooses not to listen to them. Redick is VERY good at getting himself just enough space to get off a shot - that isn't a result of not being guarded. When teams play Duke, everyone on the team focuses on guarding him. And then he proceeds to state that he will be guarded in the NBA. You know, the league where they don't even bother attempting to get a hand in the face of a guy shooting a three.

You can hate Duke and their coach and players all you want, but everyone knows the only reason people do is because these people are jealous. This writer and "Duke-haters" should focus on their own teams - they'll look less like immature babies and more like people who actually know a thing or two about sport.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Old_Cat_Fan said:
from: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=uwire-kansanbreaksdownfirstround&prov=uwire&type=lgns

No. 4 Syracuse (27-6) vs. No. 13 Vermont (24-6)

The Syracuse Orangemen are on a three-game winning streak after winning the Big East Conference Tournament and have national title experience with junior guard Gerry McNamara, who scores 16 points per game, and senior forward Hakim Warrick, who scores 21.4 points per game. Syracuse will face a difficult first round-game against Vermont. The Catamounts are one of the better small schools in the tournament and have the experience of playing at Kansas and North Carolina earlier this year. Coach Tom Brennan also has one of the most versatile inside-outside tandems in the country with senior forward Tyler Coppenrath, 25.7 points a game, and senior guard T.J. Sorrentine, 18.6 points per game.
jeez, they can't even get his name right TAYLOR, not TYLER..

·
Premium Member
33,496 Posts
BU Fan 84 said:
Jealous?

And how are they dead on with Redick? That writer is straight up stupid - he is either oblivious to the facts or chooses not to listen to them. Redick is VERY good at getting himself just enough space to get off a shot - that isn't a result of not being guarded. When teams play Duke, everyone on the team focuses on guarding him. And then he proceeds to state that he will be guarded in the NBA. You know, the league where they don't even bother attempting to get a hand in the face of a guy shooting a three.

You can hate Duke and their coach and players all you want, but everyone knows the only reason people do is because these people are jealous. This writer and "Duke-haters" should focus on their own teams - they'll look less like immature babies and more like people who actually know a thing or two about sport.
Jealous? Are you serious? Yeah, I am jealous of Duke....and the New York Yankees.

Seriously, my opinion is I have a strong dislike for Duke, and I was agreeing with the authors point about coach K's complaining to refs which is universally known because Duke is on TV all the time, and if you watched them you would see him constantly staring down refs after every single play he doesn't like. The guy is a baby and thinks because he is the coach of Duke that should mean something extra and he deserves every call.

As for Redick, they were not dead on. I really like him and think he will be a great pro. He is one of the better shooters I have seen in a long time. The Olympic team could have used him this summer.

But, as the theme of the article, which was just to poke fun and not to be taken as a serious analysis, not a lot of people outside Durham like your Duke Blue Devils. Sorry, but it's true. Yes, they were dead on in stating that a lot of people hate Duke.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts