Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Wild guess, Vermont somewhere between 55-65. Which other AE teams make Top 144?
None...Vermont around 80-90 spot is where I have them.

I would think at least one another America East team will be listed. I mean, 144 teams would represent nearly 40% of all college basketball teams in the country. I know the league isn't the strongest, but don't we at least have 2 teams in the top 40%?

I have to think there is still some love out there for UMBC, Albany or Stony Brook.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would think at least one another America East team will be listed. I mean, 144 teams would represent nearly 40% of all college basketball teams in the country. I know the league isn't the strongest, but don't we at least have 2 teams in the top 40%?

I have to think there is still some love out there for UMBC, Albany or Stony Brook.
While it would be great for someone to make the list, the fact that we don't know who it would be, seems like a good indicator that it won't be any of them.

I'm going to guess 77 for UVM. The 80-90 range sounds good, but I have to put my bias into play, so I'll go with that!!!

·
Gr8t Dane
655 Posts

There are multiple teams in the league that could make the jump this year, and I truly believe that this year won't be the cakewalk for UVM that everyone keeps predicting, but I don't see any team other than UVM landing in these write-ups.

I am betting that UVM gets listed in the low 70s high 60s on this write-up. Lots of press with the tournament, Lamb's senior year, a few good recruits and a high major transfer will all add to the love fest.

• SBU lost their best player and coach. Regardless of how good they are or might be, this will hurt them in any/all pre-season rankings
  • I have a great feeling for a comeback of UA this year. They return almost everyone, and they will be Sophs instead of Freshman, also add in 2 nice looking transfers and 2 highly touted recruits. The record last season isn't indicative of how much improvement they showed and how dangerous they were at the end of the season.
  • UMBC has become a wild-card with Odom as coach and can't be counted out, but lose their best player. They will be strong, but I am not sure it's enough to be ranked high enough to be in these rankings pre-season.
  • Hartford has done a crazy job at getting some real talent for this year, but after losing everything, I do not know if it is enough to make them ranked in the top 144.
  • Other teams might finish in the top 144, but it's a long shot, and none have a chance to be in the pre-season 144 IMO

·
Gr8t Dane
655 Posts
For what it's worth, it appears that Bart Torvick has updated his projections, He has UVM at 82, UA at 180, UMBC at 189, and SBU at 207. He has the Hartford transfers on their roster, but it doesn't appear that their stats are incorporated because he has Hartford at 349 which probably would have been before the transfer.

·
Registered
582 Posts
1 - 20 of 372 Posts