Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

321 - 340 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I feel like Salty wants to give this write up a lot of respect because it has SBU in second place...

I agree with the other posters...not great. In one section the writer says that Virginia is in the Big East and correctly identifies it as an ACC team in another. Also, UMass Lowell are not the Great Danes...

It seems like the review is very superficial. It's hard to do a write up on UVM and not mention two transfers from power conference programs that will be playing immediately...

Yeah...Lamb and Smith, though...yawn...everyone already knows that.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,369 Posts
Yeah, I’m not sure how/why anyone would play competitive D1 basketball on a “loose” ACL. Sounds pretty painful/restrictive. Not sure how a player effectively cuts & jumps on that.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #330 (Edited)
If I was the him, I would sit out the season and apply for a waiver. The team is still really young and they look to have a bright future. If he plays through he has a chance to really mess up his knee.
He can't get a waiver... Already sat a year so if he doesn't try and play its a complete loss.

I know we have a bunch of surgeons here but I'm sure all angles were considered with medical diagnosis factored in. My understanding is that he had more of a maniscus thing... Acl was stretched but no torn. Not saying it can't tear but my assumption is that they think the knee will he stable enough to play. I highly doubt Will Brown would run him out there and endanger his health long term. None of us have seen the scans or went in like the surgeons.

Who knows, maybe this goes terribly wrong hope not but gonna defer to the doctors here.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Hartford and Maine both have a lot of new players and medium range coaches, so they might surprise but Bing and UNH both are coaching disasters. Their seasons will be a race to the bottom.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Realistically, without the "300 Club" the top teams wouldn't amass so many wins. And probably be rated lower.
You never hear Ohio St. suggest that Indiana get thrown outta the Big 10* for not winning more football games.

*It's not ten. What, maybe 15?

321 - 340 of 372 Posts